Get in the Halloween spirit! This October, Woodruff Park is hosting a line-up of movie screenings on the lawn.
The movies are FREE and open to the public.
Costumes are welcomed and encouraged at all movies.
On Wednesday, October 16th, come for a The Goonies and enjoy a movie under the stars. The film starts at 7:30 p.m.
On Wednesday, October 30th, come for a screening of Gremlins and grab dinner from a local food truck. The film starts at 7:00 p.m.
Bring blankets, chairs, and whatever makes you comfortable.
You may also be interested in:
- 17 corn mazes and pumpkin patches to visit this fall
- Little Five Points Halloween Festival & Parade
- Howl on the Green in downtown Duluth
- The Rocky Horror Picture show with live shadowcast
- 3 Apple Festivals and 4 you-pick apple orchards to visit this fall
- Stone Mountain’s Pumpkin Festival “Glow by Night” display
- A Southern Tour of Ghosts at Stone Mountain Park
- Grant Park Halloween Lantern Parade on October 25th
About the venue
Woodruff Park is located at 91 Peachtree Street NW, in the Fairlie-Poplar district. It is bordered by Edgewood Avenue, Peachtree Street, Auburn Avenue, and Park Place.
This six-acre park is a natural gathering space for a diverse cross-section of Atlantans and a key starting point for exploring downtown Atlanta and its surrounding neighborhoods. Surrounding buildings include government offices, commerce, and Georgia State University.
Originally known as Central City Park, Woodruff Park was renovated through a generous donation from Robert W. Woodruff, former president of The Coca-Cola Company. Today, the park offers playgrounds, fountains, and a variety of facilities and services.
The park is patrolled daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., through a partnership between the Atlanta Police Department and GSU Police, making it a very safe venue. The Downtown Clean Team helps with park maintenance.
Each year, Woodruff Park hosts a variety of signature festivals, events and performances, including the WoodRUFF Bark Dog Parade and the annual German Bierfest.
Woodruff Park is easily accessible via MARTA bus and rail. Two Atlanta Streetcar stops—Park Place and Woodruff Park—are located in the park. The park is also home to a Relay Bike Share hub.
If you’re using MARTA rail, it couldn’t be easier. The park is located between Five Points Station and Peachtree Center Station.
The Five Points Station is a slightly shorter walk to the park.
Five Points Directions
- Take any train to the Five Points MARTA station
- Go to street level and follow signs to the Peachtree Street exit
- Turn left on Peachtree Street and walk about a block
Peachtree Center Directions
- Take a red or gold line train to the Peachtree Center station
- Follow the signs to the Ellis Street exit at the south end of the train platform
- Exit the fare gates and follow signs to Peachtree Street. If you take the “East” exit, you’ll end up on the same side of the street as the park.
- At street level, turn left on Peachtree Street (toward Residence Inn) to reach the park.
More Halloween fun around Atlanta: