The annual Little Five Points Halloween Festival and Parade has been named by the Travel Channel as one of the top ten Halloween events in the country.
In 2019, it was mostly rained out.
And in 2020… well, you know.
In 2021, the festival is back in a new format. It has been reimagined as a Halloween block party, and there will be no parade.
L5P MonsterFest 2021 will take place over two days on the weekend of October 16 and 17, 2021.
Admission is FREE.
Hours for the festival are noon to 7 p.m. on both days.
Here are the main events you’ll want to know about.
You may also be interested in:
- Discounts for Stone Mountain's Pumpkin Festival "Glow by Night" attraction
- Best pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and haunted attractions in 2021
- 2021 guide to apple festivals and U-pick orchards
- Discounts for the Buford Corn Maze & Haunted Forest
- Fall farmers markets around Atlanta
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Over 100 Halloween events, plus ideas for safer celebrations
- 30+ FREE trick-or-treat events for kids
2021 L5P MonsterFest details
Haunted Vendor Market
This bizarre bazaar will feature over 50 vendors and food trucks. It takes place both Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 7 p.m.
The vendor booths are spread across three locations:
* L5P Community Center (corner of Euclid & Austin)
* Findley Plaza (corner of Euclid and Moreland)
* Along Euclid Avenue
The Monster Hunt is the big draw this year. It takes place on Saturday, Oct. 16th from 1 to 7 p.m.
This is a scavenger hunt of sorts, and you’ll be searching Little Five Points for “monsters” designed by local artists.
If you want to enter the hunt officially, you can make a $10 donation to get the Monster Map when you check in at tents stationed at Findley Plaza and the Community Center. (You also get a limited edition cup, and a sticker.)
Once you find all the monsters on the map, come back to the tent to claim your prize (limited to the first 300 people).
Head to the L5P Community Center (1083 Austin Ave, at the corner of Euclid) for live entertainment.
Saturday, Oct. 16th:
- 1pm — Bright Son
- 2:30pm — Chiiirp
- 3:30pm — Vicki’s Dream
- 4:45pm — The Rack
- 6:00pm — Killer Kroc
Sunday, Oct. 17th:
- 2:00pm — Phoxglove
- 3:15pm — W8ingForUFOs
- 4:30pm — Aldente
- 5:15pm — Nuclear Tourism
There will also be a pop-up stage behind Star Community Star, with performances on Sunday at 3 and 5 p.m. by Andrew and the Disapyramids.
And you can expect other unscheduled pop-up performances throughout the weekend.
Halloween Photo Walk
The 3rd annual L5P Photo Walk is happening all month long. During October, you can see 21 contest-winning photos displayed in the storefront windows of L5P merchants. Want to do a photo crawl? There’s info for a self-guided tour online (you can also view a gallery of the winners!)
Auctions & Raffles
L5P Ghost Tours
These storytelling tours are an easy walk, at just about one mile long. They take place on select dates from Oct. 15th through Nov. 6th, 2021.
More info here
Getting there and parking
Parking around the L5P area is always a challenge, even on the best of days. With several streets closed to cars for the festival, it’s a good idea to leave the car at home. Walk, bike, scooter, ride MARTA, or take a rideshare service.
Coming from the suburbs? One option we’ve used in the past is to park at the Carter Presidential Library and walk to Little Five Points, using the walking route option in the Google Maps app.
The closest MARTA station is Inman Park / Reynoldstown, on the blue/green (east/west) line.
According to the event’s website, buses won’t be running from the station to L5P, so you’ll need to make the 15-minute walk to L5P or rent a Relay Bike or electric scooter at the station.
Walking directions from Inman Park Station to L5P:
- Exit the station, following the signs pointing to Inman Park.
- Turn left on Dekalb Avenue
- Turn left onto the ramp down to Moreland Avenue
- Turn left on Euclid Avenue
Alternatively, you could use the PATH trail through Inman Park (the actual park). To do this:
- Exit the station parking lot and turn left on Poplar Circle. The street becomes a Path sidewalk through the park — it will have a painted stripe down the middle.
- Turn right on Euclid Avenue, which is the first street intersection.
- Walk a few blocks to reach L5P.
NOTE: Google Maps now provides the best scooter route along with walking directions.