Do you know of an event that would appeal to our readers?
If so, please share!
We’re looking for free — or very cheap — events that are fun and open to the public, and are close to Atlanta or one of its suburbs. In general, we define cheap as $15 or less, depending on what that ticket gets you.
But before you fill out the form to submit an event, PLEASE read all the guidelines below.
- If you are a PR or communications professional, please email a press release or press statement instead of using this form. You’re the people we count on to make our job easier while we get the word out for you!
- If you have multiple free events in a series or at the same location, we’re begging you not to fill out this form a gajillion times! Just put your related events into an email and include a link to each one. You can use a basic what-when-where-how format to give us the details. If we can copy/paste a list of your related events, that’s a win-win.
- Regarding photos: We really love horizontal pictures that we can crop or resize to 600X400. But if you have a vertical flyer with all your event info in it, feel free to include that too! What we can’t use is tiny logos or thumbnail-size pics — or pics that you don’t own the rights to.
Now for the bad news.
Not every event submitted gets published.
We only have so much gal-power here at AOTC, and we have to pick and choose the events that appeal to the widest audience.
In general, we don’t include:
- Political rallies or events
- Religious services (although we do include festivals and concerts at houses of worship)
- Sales pitches for a product or commercial event
- Networking events
- Motivational talks or workshops
- Runs and races (but if you have one that’s free and inclusive, then hey, we’re in!)
- Casting calls — but please consider a sponsored post if you’re a casting professional
Want to be sure your event is included?
Consider advertising your event with us.
There are a lot of affordable options, from a boosted calendar listing, to a banner ad, to a sponsored post, to sponsorship of a popular post like a festival guide.
We can set up a promotion with a coupon, giveaway, or discount code.
Even if your budget is tiny, there are options. Just email email@example.com to start the conversation.