Light shows aren’t just for Christmas anymore! The 2020 Pumpkin Festival at Stone Mountain Park has a theme of Play by Day, Glow by Night and it looks amazing!
The Pumpkin Festival is a special attraction that takes place on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays until November 1st.
Hours are 2 p.m. to 9 p.m., with the glow attractions lighting up at dusk.
You can come to Stone Mountain to play by day, glow by night with a special deal on Groupon.
Thanks to Groupon, the pass is just $19.95 per pass (discounted from $29.95). The Groupon deal is set to expire on October 17th, so be sure to buy before then. Park capacity is also limited, so don’t delay if you want a certain date.
Daytime activities include most regular park attractions (some are still closed).
But the immersive Glow By Night experience is where it’s at! This year’s glow display is even bigger and brighter, with plenty of nighttime experiences that are perfect for date night as well as for families.
The glow display appeals to all ages, with classic storybook tales that come to life in 10 new themed areas that feature 40 newly imagined scenes from fairy tales and nursery rhymes.
The picture-book settings are immersive, allowing you to follow the Yellow Brick Road to the Emerald City, meet Jack and Jill up the hill, and discover an underwater marvel 20,000 leagues under the sea.
- dozens of new glow-in-the-dark scenes
- thousands of jack-o-lanterns
- giant glowing pumpkin tree
- new glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs
- costumed characters to meet and greet
- glow-in-the dark mini golf
- flashlight tours
- interactive games
- magic show
- Glow-Along Party Parade
All photos courtesy of Stone Mountain Park
You may also be interested in:
- Over 100 Halloween events, plus ideas for safer celebrations
- 20+ FREE trick-or-treat events for kids
- Discounts for Stone Mountain's Pumpkin Festival "Glow by Night" attraction
- Best pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and haunted attractions in 2020
- 2020 guide to apple festivals and U-pick orchards
- Discounts for the Buford Corn Maze & Haunted Forest
- Fall farmers markets around Atlanta
- Free and cheap things to do this week
Details and discounts for the Pumpkin Festival attraction
Pumpkin Festival Play by Day, Glow by Night is a gated event.
That means you’ll need either a daily All-Attractions Pass or annual Mountain Membership to access the event and the attractions.
The All-Attractions Pass is regularly priced at $34.95, but there are a couple of ways to save.
- A Groupon deal brings the cost down to $19.95 for one pass. Groupon does not add extra fees to its vouchers, so this is a good deal.
- Online advance purchase can save you $3 off the price at the gate, for a price of $26.95.
Remember, you’ll pay $20 to park at Stone Mountain — so it’s often worth it to invest in a $40 annual parking pass if you’ll go more than once in a year. Your pass is good for 12 months from the date of purchase.
You may also be able to save with a Mountain Membership, which is a season pass. In addition to unlimited admission, Mountain Members save on tickets to Snow Mountain, get an extra discount on a parking pass, and more.
Even better: The Mountain Members PLUS pass includes tickets to Snow Mountain, annual parking, and other perks.
More fall fun around Atlanta: