Hulu is offering its biggest discount of the year this Thanksgiving weekend, for the Black Friday 2020 shopping event.
Hulu is a premium, subscription-based streaming service for movies and TV shows, plus original content.
New subscribers or eligible returning subscribers can subscribe to Hulu for just $1.99 a month for 12 months. This is for the ad-based service, which usually sells for $5.99 per month.
An “eligible returning subscriber” is defined as someone who hasn’t had a Hulu subscription for the past 3 months.
If you’ve been thinking about cutting the cord on cable, or if you just want to add another streaming service at a dirt-cheap price, you can’t beat this Hulu Black Friday deal.
The deal goes live on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26th at 3 a.m. Atlanta time — meaning you can subscribe right away and have plenty of new content to binge all through the holiday weekend.
It runs through Cyber Monday, November 30th. (Because we’re in the Eastern time zone, you’ll actually have till 2:59 a.m. on Tuesday morning to redeem the offer.)
After that, the price goes back to the regular price of $5.99. So, you will save $48 over the course of the year by signing up between Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
There’s no catch to Hulu’s Black Friday deal on a subscription plan with limited commercials.
If you’ve been thinking about a Hulu subscription, you won’t find a better price (until next year on Black Friday, maybe).
This is the ad-supported version of Hulu. An eligible returning subscriber is defined as someone who hasn’t had a Hulu subscription for the past 3 months.
Features of Hulu’s Limited Commercials Plan:
- Streaming library with thousands of TV episodes and movies
- Most new TV show episodes the day after they air
- Access to award-winning Hulu Originals
- Watch on your TV, laptop, phone, or tablet
- Up to 6 user profiles for members of your household, so that favorites and recommendations are unique to each viewer
- Watch on 2 different screens at the same time
One of the most valuable features of your Hulu subscription will be your access to Hulu originals, which have been getting a lot of buzz.
Here are some of the Hulu Originals you may have heard your friends talking about:
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Castle Rock
- Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi
- Little Fires Everywhere
- The Act
- Catch 22
- Veronica Mars
- The Looming Tower
- High Fidelity
Remember, this special Hulu deal only applies to the Limited Commercials plan, which means there will be a limited number of ads running during the programming.
Want a commercial-free viewing experience?
Hulu has an upgraded subscription plan for $11.99 a month, but you won’t get a Black Friday deal on it !
After the 12-month promotional period is over, the plan will renew automatically at the full price of $5.99 per month, unless you cancel before next November.
To recap: This deal goes live on Thursday, Nov. 26th at 3 a.m. Atlanta time. It runs through 2:59 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 1st.
You may also be interested in:
- NEW for 2020: World of Illumination drive-thru light show
- NEW! Festival of Lights drive-thru light show at Atlantic Station
- FREE: Prism Winter Lights display at Woodruff Park in downtown Atlanta
- Lights of Life drive-thru holiday attraction in Marietta
- Discounts for Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens
- Discounts for Stone Mountain Christmas
- Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden