Stone Mountain Christmas is open — get up to $15 OFF tickets with these discounts, listed below!
Ready to get into the holiday spirit? Want to wander through a magical wonderland of winter lights? ‘Tis the season for Stone Mountain Christmas discounts!
Stone Mountain Christmas runs from November 11, 2023, through January 2, 2024, on weekends and during school holidays. That means every week, Friday thru Sunday, plus all of Thanksgiving week and the week leading up to Christmas. (It is closed on Dec. 25th.)
Read on for details — including all available discounts — and preview our video sneak peek, either just below or on our Facebook page.
Want to find out where to see Christmas lights at private homes, neighborhoods, parks, local attractions, and more?
Check out our huge list of Christmas light displays!
You may also be interested in:
- Save 25% on tickets to the Winter Lantern Festival
- Save 50% on tickets to Jurassic World: The Exhibition
- Save 30% on “Tutankhamun: His Tomb & Treasures” exhibit
- Get $15 tickets to A Christmas Story at Theatrical Outfit
- Save 30% on the Van Gogh immersive exhibit
- Get HALF OFF Aquarium tickets on Cyber Monday
- The Nutcracker by Georgia Ballet – BOGO offer on Cyber Monday
Stone Mountain Christmas Details
The holidays come to life during Stone Mountain Christmas, which is a magical experience for kids and grownups alike. Stone Mountain Park transforms into a winter wonderland, complete with holiday lights and snow.
Stone Mountain Christmas features a Christmas Village that is open from 2 to 9 p.m. Parts of it, like the Frosted Forest and Skylights Spectacular, are best viewed after 6 p.m. when the lights come on.
The Christmas Village includes these experiences:
- More than 2 million LED lights adorning the park, including a lighted tree at the mountain’s summit
- Angelina the Snow Angel’s Christmas Parade
- Nightly tree-lighting ceremony after dark
- All NEW Christmas light show, set to music
- Fireworks finale nightly at 8:45 p.m. (7:45 on Christmas Eve)
- Santa’s nightly “flight” through the sky (the sleigh is on a zip line!)
- Nightly “snowfall” during the parade
- Musical Frosted Forest
- Live holiday shows, storytelling for the kids, and 4D theatre showings of Polar Express
- Singalong holiday train rides around the mountain
- Photo opportunities with holiday characters
- Santa’s office window visits
- Concession stands
- Christmas marketplace
The Snow Angel’s Christmas Parade features deluxe floats and a cast of 40 performers, including 10-foot tall candy canes, walking snow globes, Christmas trees, and more. It goes from 6:00 to 6:30 p.m. each night, ending with the tree lighting ceremony and a surprise snowfall. It is quite an extravaganza. We were lucky enough to be invited to Media Night last year, and you can see some of the highlights in our video, below. (It’s also on Facebook, so please share!)
Back this year is the World’s Largest Christmas Light Show.
It’s being billed as immersive experience that features music, amazing special effects, video projected onto the mountain, and fireworks. lasers, snow effects and nightly fireworks! The show happens on the Memorial Lawn nightly at 6:45 and 8:00 p.m. (except for Christmas Eve, with one show at 7 p.m.)
There’s also a 9-minute movie of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer projected on the mountain each night, and other movies and live shows on the various stages.
The general Stone Mountain calendar lets you see at a glance which attractions are open each day.
CLICK HERE for details on the Early New Year’s Eve Celebration for kids.
Tickets and Discounts
You’ll need to buy an Attractions Pass or have a Mountain Membership to get in to Stone Mountain Christmas, which is located in the Crossroads area of the park.
Prices for a one-day Attractions Pass in 2023:
* Adults — $39.99 (anyone 12 and over)
* Kids age 3 to 11 — $34.99
* Children under 3 are FREE
* SEE THE DISCOUNTS BELOW!
Remember, your All-Attractions Pass gets you into nearly everything on site.
This means you can come early, before dark, and enjoy the Summit Skyride, Historic Square, and other attractions — and then work your way toward the Christmas Village at dusk.
You can find a complete list of attractions here
And, as always, you’ll pay $20 to park, unless you’ve purchased an annual parking pass.
2023 discounts for Stone Mountain holiday attractions
NOTE that we are in the process up rounding up all the 2023 discounts, so please check back, or sign up for our newsletter to be notified!
We’ll keep track of all ticket discounts, flash sales, and special offers right here!
The Groupon deal — save $15
Thanks to a Groupon deal, you can save up big on admission to Stone Mountain Christmas.
The Groupon deal gets you a voucher for $24.99 and you pick a specific date when you buy. That’s about a $15 savings.
Remember, Groupon does NOT add extra ticketing fees, making this an excellent deal.
NOTE: You can get up to 8% cashback from Rakuten (formerly Ebates) if you sign up and start a shopping session before you purchase your Groupon. You get the money at the end of each quarter and can have it sent to you via check or PayPal.
As always, be sure to read all the fine print on the deal!
The 2022 Ugly Christmas Sweater discount
Friday, December 16th, 2022, is National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day. To celebrate this outrageously fun tradition, why not put on your holiday sweater and head to Stone Mountain Park — for a DISCOUNT OF $10 OFF!
To redeem the deal:
Wear your holiday sweater, and mention the promotion at any ticket booth in person, when you arrive at Stone Mountain Park. You’ll get $10 OFF an All-Attractions Pass, regularly priced at $39.95.
Stone Mountain Christmas is open from 5 to 9 p.m. on Dec. 16th.
NOTE: the content below the line is discounts, and attractions that are NOT currently active in 2023. We hope they’ll come back, and we’ll let you know when they do!
The military discount
This discount is for:
- active and retired military
- disabled veterans
- military reservists
- military spouses and dependents
Note that you’ll have to present valid military personnel IDs and dependent IDs.
The price is just $24.95 for anyone age 3 and up — that’s $10 off regular price.
Tickets are available ONLY at the Main Ticket Plaza and cannot be pre-purchased online. They are subject to availability — so you may want to pick a non-peak time to visit, if you want to use this discount.
The advance purchase discount
- Save $3 on an adult Christmas Attraction Pass, bringing the price down to $31.95 — Kids 3-11 are still $29.25 and age 2 and under gets in free.
- Christmas Meal Deal: for $34.95, you get access to Christmas attractions, holiday shows, and park attractions, PLUS a meal with unlimited drink refills. Requires 24-hour advance purchase.
Combo pass prices:
- The Snow + Christmas combo pass is $49.95 online, for select dates between Nov. 16th and Jan. 5th. You have to pick a date and snow session time to purchase. Then, you can either use your Christmas pass the same day, or come back to use it on another day.
- The Snow + Christmas combo pass plus meal deal is $54.95. You get a meal voucher that you can redeem at select Stone Mountain eateries. You have to pick a date and snow session to purchase. You can use your Christmas pass the same day, or on a later date.
- Christmas pass + Breakfast with Santa is $54.95.
Snow Mountain prices:
- Purchase the basic Snow pass online for $34.95 and select your date and snow session time. Members get a discounted price after logging in.
- The Snow Mountain All Access pass is $59.95 for unlimited tubing and snow play.
As always, if you’re planning to go more than once (and there’s so much to do, you may want to), buy the Mountain Membership, a.k.a. the season pass. In addition to unlimited admission, Mountain Members save on tickets to Snow Mountain, get an extra discount on a parking pass, & more.
A note about parking: If you walk or ride a bike to Stone Mountain Park, there’s no parking fee. Otherwise, it’s $20 for daily parking.
If you have to drive and aren’t opting to pay for a Mountain Member PLUS pass, consider buying the $40 annual permit if you plan to visit multiple times. It pays for itself in two visits — and then events like the LaserShow become truly FREE.
Flash Sale — purchase by Nov. 9, 2020
There are substantial savings if you buy a voucher now, meaning by midnight on November 9th.
This deal gets you an All Attractions Pass, for use on one day of your choice between November 14 and December 24, 2020.
It’s the same price for adults and children. Kids age 2 and under are FREE.
The pass includes access to:
- Stone Mountain Christmas attractions
- Scenic Railroad
- The new Dinosaur Explore attraction
- Historic Square
- Mini Golf
Get a Christmas pass or Snow Mountain pass for just $19.95
(Regular price is $34.95)
The link takes you to the Stone Mountain Park website. Note that there are probably ticketing fees added on.
canceled for 2022
In past years, Stone Mountain Park has hosted Georgia’s largest snow park from November to mid-February.
We don’t yet have info for 2020, but the info below is from last year.
Several feet of actual snow are sculpted into lanes on a snow-covered hill, so you can ride down the slope in a tube. There are different lanes to accommodate single riders, two riders, or giant tubes that hold your whole family.
Anyone 36 inches and taller can scream their way down the Avalanche Alley family tube ride and the new Dare Devil Plunge. Anyone 48 inches and taller can take on a single tube lane.
The Snow Zone play area, located on the laser show lawn, is open for younger kids to play in the snow. They can make the snowmen and snow angels, and experience periodic “snow fall.”
From the press release:
The all-new Dare Devil Plunge dark-tunnel ride is designed for thrill seekers. It is Snow Mountain’s tallest, fastest slope ever. You’ll launch down the hill from over three stories high, reaching speeds of up to 30 mph while you zip through a 150-foot tunnel of lights. Take the plunge with a friend in a double tube, or slide solo in a single tube on this daring new ride. Stay into the evening for Galactic Snow Tubing, an out-of-this-world nighttime experience with lasers, lights, and music.
Regular price tickets are available online.
Snow Mountain tickets include a two-hour tubing session and all-day access to the Snow Zone play area located on the laser lawn. Galactic Snow Tubing sessions begin at 5:30 p.m. on Snow Mountain operating days. Space is limited and advanced reservations are strongly recommended.
Stone Mountain Park