Ready to get into the holiday spirit? Want to play in the snow this winter? ‘Tis the season for Stone Mountain Christmas discounts.
Stone Mountain Christmas runs from November 14, 2020 through January 3, 2021.
Read on for details — including all available discounts — and preview our video sneak peek, either just below or on our Facebook page.
Want to find out where to see Christmas lights at private homes, neighborhoods, parks, local attractions, and more?
Check out our huge list of Christmas light displays!
Stone Mountain Christmas
Note that we are in the process of updating all of these details for 2020 — so some of the info below may change within a few days.
What IS current for 2020 is the Groupon deal listed below.
The holidays come to life during Stone Mountain Christmas, which is a magical experience for kids and grownups alike. Stone Mountain Park transforms into a winter wonderland, complete with holiday lights and snow.
Last year, the Christmas Village included these experiences. We are working on updating and verifying what you can expect in 2020.
- More than 2 million LED lights adorning the park, including a lighted tree at the mountain’s summit
- Nightly tree-lighting ceremony after dark
- NEW Christmas LaserShow
- Santa’s nightly “flight” through the sky (the sleigh is on a zip line!)
- Angelina the Snow Angel’s Christmas Parade
- Nightly “snowfall” during the parade
- Fireworks finale at 9:45 p.m.
- Musical Frosted Forest
- Live holiday shows, storytelling for the kids, and 4D theatre showings of Polar Express
- Singalong holiday train rides around the mountain
- Photo opportunities with holiday characters
- Santa’s office window visits
The all-new 2020 Snow Angel’s Christmas Parade features deluxe floats and a cast of 40 performers, including 10-foot tall candy canes, walking snow globes, Christmas trees, and more. It goes from 6:15 to 6:45 p.m. each night, ending with the tree lighting ceremony and a surprise snowfall. It is quite an extravaganza. We were lucky enough to be invited to Media Night last year, and you can see some of the highlights in our video, below. (It’s also on Facebook, so please share!)
There is so much to do at the Christmas Village that it can seem overwhelming. To plan your visit, check the Stone Mountain calendar — it lets you know what time the Christmas attraction opens each day. The entertainment schedule for movies and holiday shows is available as a PDF spreadsheet. You can find it by clicking here, then scrolling way down to the entertainment schedule. The Village also features several concession stands and restaurants, and a Christmas marketplace.
You’ll need to buy an All-Attractions Pass or have a Mountain Membership to get in to Stone Mountain Christmas, which is located in the Crossroads area of the park. You could also buy a combo pass that includes Snow Mountain activities. SEE THE DISCOUNTS BELOW.
Remember, your All-Attractions Pass gets you into nearly everything (except Snow Mountain). So you can come early and enjoy the Summit Skyride, Historic Square, and other attractions — and then work your way toward the Christmas Village at dusk. You can find a complete list of attractions here.
CLICK HERE for details on the Early New Year’s Eve Celebration for kids.
2020 discounts for Stone Mountain holiday attractions
The Groupon deal
Thanks to a Groupon deal, you can save on admission to Stone Mountain Christmas.
The Groupon deal is also $19.95 — BUT you can pick a date between Nov. 14, 2020 and Jan. 3, 2021, on the days the attraction is open.
Better yet, Groupon does NOT tack on extra ticketing fees.
As always, be sure to read all the fine print on the deal!
The military discount
This discount is for:
- active and retired military
- disabled veterans
- military reservists
- military spouses and dependents
Note that you’ll have to present valid military personnel IDs and dependent IDs.
The price is just $24.95 for anyone age 3 and up — that’s $10 off regular price.
Tickets are available ONLY at the Main Ticket Plaza and cannot be pre-purchased online. They are subject to availability — so you may want to pick a non-peak time to visit, if you want to use this discount.
Flash Sale — purchase by Nov. 9, 2020
There are substantial savings if you buy a voucher now, meaning by midnight on November 9th.
This deal gets you an All Attractions Pass, for use on one day of your choice between November 14 and December 24, 2020.
It’s the same price for adults and children. Kids age 2 and under are FREE.
The pass includes access to:
- Stone Mountain Christmas attractions
- Scenic Railroad
- The new Dinosaur Explore attraction
- Historic Square
- Mini Golf
Get a Christmas pass or Snow Mountain pass for just $19.95
(Regular price is $34.95)
The link takes you to the Stone Mountain Park website. Note that there are probably ticketing fees added on.
Content below the line is NOT yet updated for 2020, and may not be relevant this year.
The advance purchase discount
- Save $3 on an adult Christmas Attraction Pass, bringing the price down to $31.95 — Kids 3-11 are still $29.25 and age 2 and under gets in free.
- Christmas Meal Deal: for $34.95, you get access to Christmas attractions, holiday shows, and park attractions, PLUS a meal with unlimited drink refills. Requires 24-hour advance purchase.
Combo pass prices:
- The Snow + Christmas combo pass is $49.95 online, for select dates between Nov. 16th and Jan. 5th. You have to pick a date and snow session time to purchase. Then, you can either use your Christmas pass the same day, or come back to use it on another day.
- The Snow + Christmas combo pass plus meal deal is $54.95. You get a meal voucher that you can redeem at select Stone Mountain eateries. You have to pick a date and snow session to purchase. You can use your Christmas pass the same day, or on a later date.
- Christmas pass + Breakfast with Santa is $54.95.
Snow Mountain prices:
- Purchase the basic Snow pass online for $34.95 and select your date and snow session time. Members get a discounted price after logging in.
- The Snow Mountain All Access pass is $59.95 for unlimited tubing and snow play.
As always, if you’re planning to go more than once (and there’s so much to do, you may want to), buy the Mountain Membership, a.k.a. the season pass. In addition to unlimited admission, Mountain Members save on tickets to Snow Mountain, get an extra discount on a parking pass, & more.
Know before you go
A note about parking: If you walk or ride a bike to Stone Mountain Park, there’s no parking fee. Otherwise, it’s $20 for daily parking.
If you have to drive and aren’t opting to pay for a Mountain Member PLUS pass, consider buying the $40 annual permit if you plan to visit multiple times. It pays for itself in two visits — and then events like the LaserShow become truly FREE.
Not yet updated for 2020
In past years, Stone Mountain Park has hosted Georgia’s largest snow park from November to mid-February.
We don’t yet have info for 2020, but the info below is from last year.
Several feet of actual snow are sculpted into lanes on a snow-covered hill, so you can ride down the slope in a tube. There are different lanes to accommodate single riders, two riders, or giant tubes that hold your whole family.
Anyone 36 inches and taller can scream their way down the Avalanche Alley family tube ride and the new Dare Devil Plunge. Anyone 48 inches and taller can take on a single tube lane.
The Snow Zone play area, located on the laser show lawn, is open for younger kids to play in the snow. They can make the snowmen and snow angels, and experience periodic “snow fall.”
From the press release:
The all-new Dare Devil Plunge dark-tunnel ride is designed for thrill seekers. It is Snow Mountain’s tallest, fastest slope ever. You’ll launch down the hill from over three stories high, reaching speeds of up to 30 mph while you zip through a 150-foot tunnel of lights. Take the plunge with a friend in a double tube, or slide solo in a single tube on this daring new ride. Stay into the evening for Galactic Snow Tubing, an out-of-this-world nighttime experience with lasers, lights, and music.
Regular price tickets are available online.
Snow Mountain tickets include a two-hour tubing session and all-day access to the Snow Zone play area located on the laser lawn. Galactic Snow Tubing sessions begin at 5:30 p.m. on Snow Mountain operating days. Space is limited and advanced reservations are strongly recommended.