Fantasy in Lights is a beloved holiday tradition at Callaway Gardens each year. The spectacular light display opens for the season on November 17, 2023. It runs through January 1, 2024.
Fantasy in Lights features over seven miles of lights in custom-designed scenes with animation and music. It was named one of National Geographic’s Top 10 Holiday Light Displays in the world — and it’s right here in our own backyards.
It is quite an experience.
You can make merry in the Christmas Village, meet holiday characters up close, and ride through the dazzling illuminated forest in your own car or in the Jolly Trolley. There’s also a new walk-thru experience that puts you in the middle of a winter wonderland.
Want to find out where to see Christmas lights at private homes, neighborhoods, parks, local attractions, and more?
Check out our huge list of Christmas light displays!
You may also be interested in:
- Lights of Life drive-thru holiday attraction in Marietta
- Discounts for Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens
- Discounts for Stone Mountain Christmas
- Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden
The Fantasy In Lights show begins at 6 p.m., which is dusk.
The Christmas Village opens daily at 4 p.m.
Note that tickets are per person — they are no longer per vehicle, and haven’t been since 2018.
When you buy a ticket, you’ll choose specific dates, times, and drive-thru options (your own car, or the trolley).
See the ticket discounts listed below
A ticket includes:
- Access to the Christmas Village to enjoy Santa, children’s playland, shopping, dining and more; open daily at 4 p.m.
- One trip through the Fantasy In Lights show either in your own car or on the open-air Jolly Trolley
- The walk-thru experience
The best way to save on tickets in 2023
On Thanksgiving weekend, through Cyber Monday, use the promo code BLACKFRIDAY23 for a $5 discount per ticket,
There is no Groupon deal this year — so your best chance at savings is to use the Value Days discount.
Fantasy in Lights uses a tiered ticketing system, with higher prices on the most popular days. You can save money by going on a Value Night, when prices are lower — as an added bonus, the event may be less crowded.
Value Night prices are $10 less than Prime Night tickets, and $15 less than Super Prime Night tickets.
Value Night prices:
- $25 for adults
- $20 for children 3-11
- Children 3 and under are FREE.
For your convenience, here are all the 2023/2024 season Value Night dates:
- November 17, 20-22, 27-30
- December 4-7, 11-14, 26-31
- January 1
You can view a color-coded calendar online, showing you the different prices for each date.
(You can buy tickets thru that link, too!)
Know before you go
Your ticket is rain or shine — no refunds if you reserve for the Jolly Trolley and get cold or rainy weather.
You can bring pets with you in your own vehicle, but not in the Jolly Trolley.
It takes about an hour to drive through the light display:
- Trolley rides start on the hour, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Drive-throughs in your own vehicle start on the half-hour, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Callaway Gardens is located at 17800 U.S. 27 in Pine Mountain, GA.
It is 75 miles south of downtown Atlanta.
You may also be interested in:
- Day-by-day list of free & cheap holiday events
- Best places to see holiday lights this year
- Holiday markets around metro Atlanta
- The 10 best Christmas tree farms near Atlanta
- Free photos with Santa for pets and people
- Where to get Christmas dinner to go