Tickets go on sale Monday, July 6, 2020 for Avalon’s next Drive-In Live concert.
The first one sold out fast, so act quickly if you’d like to attend. The concert will feature the Mike Veal Band and is planned for social distancing. It takes place from 6 to 8 p.m.
Several more dates for Drive-In Live concerts are planned. Tickets go on sale the Monday before the Friday concerts. Upcoming dates include:
- Friday, July 10
- Friday, July 24
- Friday, August 7
- Friday, August 21
The ticket price is $25 per car, and you can have up to six people in your vehicle.
When you arrive at Avalon, you’ll head to the parking lot in front of Ted’s Montana Grill, where you’ll be directed to your concert viewing space. The parking lot opens at 5 p.m.
Select restaurants at Avalon will be offering pre-ordered meals for pick-up, so you can have a picnic from the comfort of your car.
The concert will be played through radio transmission. Upon arrival, you’ll receive an information card with the station number to tune into. If your car doesn’t have FM radio, you’re welcome to bring a portable radio or use a smartphone app that receives FM radio.
Things to know about the Drive-in Live concert:
- No walk-ins are allowed. You must be in your vehicle with your ticket in hand.
- You will be allowed to bring lawn chairs and sit outside your vehicle on the driver’s side of your car.
- Masks are recommended for those sitting outside, and will be available for free.
- Your car engine must be turned off during the concert.
- You may not gather at the stage — this will be enforced by Avalon security and the Alpharetta Police Dept.
- Proceeds go to the Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund, to benefit musicians and artists who’ve lost their livelihoods this year.
You may also be interested in:
- Your favorite spring festival may have been rescheduled — here are the new dates
- J.K. Rowling offers her new children’s book online for FREE
- Guide to 2020 summer farmers markets around metro Atlanta
- The Atlanta Botanical Garden is open with new safety measures
- Visit Zoo Atlanta under the new timed-ticket system
Stay in the know! Subscribe to our newsletter.