Some people say the annual Chomp & Stomp in Cabbagetown is the most fun fall festival in Atlanta. It’s happening this Saturday, November 6, 2021, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Entry to the event is FREE. But to taste chili, you’ll need an official Red Spoon. You can buy a spoon for $10 at any local Cabbagetown business, or onsite the day of the event.
Beer tokens are $6 and liquor tokens are $8.
Here’s what you can expect:
- over 20 restaurants and 80 individual teams competing in the chili cook-off
- bluegrass music on five stages throughout the day
- porch jams throughout the neighborhood
- artists market, featuring over 85 local artists and craftspeople
- food trucks and food vendors (with choices other than chili!)
- games — like bobbing for Brussels sprouts!
You may also be interested in:
- 30+ places to order a Thanksgiving meal to go
- 50+ restaurants open on Thanksgiving Day
- Atlanta's Christkindle Market is back in a new location
- Where to get FREE pictures with Santa
- Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Best places to see holiday lights for free, or at paid attractions
- Free and cheap things to do this week
According to the MARTA “getting there” guide, you can take MARTA to the Inman Park Station and walk to the festival gate — it’s about a 17-minute walk. You could shorten that time with a rented relay bike or scooter.
The BeltLine Eastside Trail also goes to Cabbagetown and the festival.