Great news! Atlanta’s Christkindl Market returns in 2021 after being canceled last year.
The market will open on the Friday after Thanksgiving, November 26, 2021. It will stay open through January 2, 2022 — a huge departure from other years, when the market closed at noon on Christmas Eve.
It will take place in a brand new location — at the Buckhead Village shopping district, around the corner of Buckhead Avenue and North Fulton Drive. In previous years the quaint German village was set up at Centennial Olympic Park and at Atlantic Station.
Christkindl Market is the city’s largest winter festival. It features a German Christmas village with 80 vendor booths that are fashioned as Bavarian-style wooden chalets. It is FREE to attend — just bring your wallet to shop and eat.
You can enjoy authentic German food and beverages — including Glühwein, hot chocolate, spiced cider, pretzels, schnitzel, bratwurst, and more.
The market is a great place to shop for holiday gifts, or to add holiday decor items to your own collection. You’ll find ornaments, nutcrackers, traditional beer steins, and toys.
You may also be interested in:
- NEW for 2021: World of Illumination drive-thru light shows
- NEW! Festival of Lights drive-thru light show at Atlantic Station
- FREE: Prism Winter Lights display at Woodruff Park in downtown Atlanta
- Lights of Life drive-thru holiday attraction in Marietta
- Discounts for Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens
- Discounts for Stone Mountain Christmas
- Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden
Dates and hours
In 2021, the market has extended hours and an extended run.
Nov. 26th through Jan. 2nd, 2022.
Monday – Thursday — 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Friday & Saturday — 11:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Sunday — 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Christmas Eve is on a Friday, so we presume you can shop late that night!
CLOSED on Christmas Day.
We enjoyed the Christkindl Market very much in 2019. Here are some of our photos.