UPDATED on 11/1/2020
There will be no Christkindl Market in 2020.
In a Facebook post, the organizers made this statement:
We planned and hoped for another magical season.Sadly, the decision was made to postpone the 2020 Christkindl Market.To all of our contributors, vendors, volunteers, community partners a big Thank You for your support.We look forward to returning to ATL‘s Olympic Park in November 2021!
You may also be interested in:
- NEW for 2020: World of Illumination drive-thru light show
- NEW! Festival of Lights drive-thru light show at Atlantic Station
- FREE: Prism Winter Lights display at Woodruff Park in downtown Atlanta
- Lights of Life drive-thru holiday attraction in Marietta
- Discounts for Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens
- Discounts for Stone Mountain Christmas
- Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden
Content below the line is from last year. We will update for 2021!
The Atlanta ChristKindl Market opens for the 2019 season on Thursday, November 21st. Hours on opening day are 6 to 9 p.m.
The market takes place in Centennial Olympic Park in downtown Atlanta this year. Previously, it was held at Atlantic Station.
It is FREE to attend — just bring your wallet to shop and eat.
Christkindl Market is the city’s largest winter festival. It features a German Christmas village with 80 vendor booths that are fashioned as Bavarian-style wooden chalets. You can enjoy authentic German food and beverages while you shop for great holiday gifts — including ornaments, nutcrackers, and toys.
ChristKindl Market is presented by the German American Cultural Foundation.
Dates and hours
The Market runs from Nov. 21st thru Dec. 23rd, 2019.
Regular hours (including Thanksgiving Day!) are from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
On Christmas Eve (December 24th) hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
View the announcement video:
Double your fun: Check out the Chinese Lantern Festival at Centennial Park
The Christkindl Market along with the Atlanta Chinese Lantern Festival together make up an experience being billed as Centennial Park’s International Winter Wonderland. The Lantern Festival at the park features 25 larger-than-life illuminated lanterns, many of them interactive.
More info on the Chinese Lantern Festival at Centennial Park.
You may also be interested in:
The Groupon combo deal with Skyview ATL
Want to take in the views from the top of the city AND enjoy the Lantern Festival while you’re at the park for the market?
There’s a Groupon for that!
The Groupon deal is for a combo admission to the Skyview giant Ferris wheel at Centennial Park AND the Lantern Festival. You can also attend Christkindl Market, but that’s always free.
The combo ticket, with Groupon, costs $27. (At regular price, the combo would be $34)
Remember, Groupon adds no fees. And you can get up to 8% cashback from Rakuten (formerly Ebates) if you sign up and start a shopping session before you purchase your Groupon.
Getting there on MARTA
Riding a MARTA train to Centennial Olympic Park is the simplest option. No matter where you live, you can get there without transferring trains, because the park is right on both the North-South (red/gold) Line and the East-West (blue/green) Line.
If you’re taking the Red or Gold line downtown, get off at Peachtree Center Station.
If you’re taking the Blue or Green line downtown, get off at Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) Station.
Both of these rail stations are less than a 10-minute walk from Centennial Olympic Park.
The Atlanta Streetcar also stops next to the park.
We recommend the MARTA on the Go app, because you can view timetables for the trains.
Peachtree Center Station directions
- After getting off the train, follow signs to the John Portman exit.
- Exit the fare gates and look for the Peachtree Street West escalator.
- At street level, turn right on Peachtree Street.
- At the first intersection turn right again (west) to walk down Andrew Young International Blvd. to reach the center of the park near the fountains (see map).
GWCC Station directions
- Follow the signs pointing to State Farm Arena to exit the station.
- Go up the tall escalators and turn right at street level for stairs up to Centennial Olympic Park Drive. (Or turn left for a ramp).
- Walk down Centennial Olympic Park Drive to reach the park (about a block away). State Farm Arena will be on your left.