UPDATED for 202o!
The parade will not take place this year. But, to celebrate the spirit of the event, you can watch a holiday TV special that looks back on special moment’s from the parades’s 40-year history.
The special will air on WSB-TV, Atlanta’s channel 2, on Saturday, December 6th, from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
You may also be interested in:
- NEW for 2020: World of Illumination drive-thru light show
- NEW! Festival of Lights drive-thru light show at Atlantic Station
- FREE: Prism Winter Lights display at Woodruff Park in downtown Atlanta
- Lights of Life drive-thru holiday attraction in Marietta
- Discounts for Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens
- Discounts for Stone Mountain Christmas
- Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden
Content below the line is from a previous year.
On Saturday, December 7th, the 2019 Children’s Christmas Parade will take place in Midtown. The parade steps off at 10:20 a.m. at the intersection of Peachtree St. and 16th St. and ends at Peachtree St. and 5th St. The event is free and open to the public.
It should be a fun morning–there will be marching bands, dance groups, giant helium balloons, floats, & Santa Claus (of course).
If you’re heading out for the parade, consider taking MARTA, as you’ll be joining hundreds of thousands of your closest friends. The Midtown and Arts Center Stations are located along the parade route.
Want to skip out on the crowds & traffic? You can watch the parade live on WSB-TV Channel 2.
More holiday fun around Atlanta and suburbs: