Halloween fun for cinephiles! On Wednesday, October 30th — the day before Halloween — you can come to the Plaza Theatre in Atlanta’s Poncey-Highland neighborhood for a spooktacular screening of “Hocus Pocus.”
The movie is a 1993 horror-comedy cult classic, starring Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker.
It is rated PG, and all ages are welcome.
And there’s no need to be shy — the organizers are encouraging you to get rowdy, yell out your favorite lines, and interact with the film.
Doors open at 7 p.m. The show starts at 7:30 p.m.
Come early and grab a cocktail or a snack.
Come in costume and compete for a prize!
Tickets are $15 and you can buy in advance through Eventbrite.
The movie plot
After moving to Salem, Massachusetts, teenager Max Dennison (Omri Katz) explores an abandoned house with his sister Dani (Thora Birch) and their new friend, Allison (Vinessa Shaw). After dismissing a story Allison tells as superstitious, Max accidentally frees a coven of evil witches (Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy) who used to live in the house. Now, with the help of a magical cat, the kids must steal the witches’ book of spells to stop them from becoming immortal.
You may also be interested in:
- 17 corn mazes and pumpkin patches to visit this fall
- Little Five Points Halloween Festival & Parade
- Howl on the Green in downtown Duluth
- The Rocky Horror Picture show with live shadowcast
- 3 Apple Festivals and 4 you-pick apple orchards to visit this fall
- Stone Mountain’s Pumpkin Festival “Glow by Night” display
- A Southern Tour of Ghosts at Stone Mountain Park
- Grant Park Halloween Lantern Parade on October 25th