The Collins Hill Branch of the Gwinnett County Library will host a FREE fall prevention clinic on Thursday, September 22, 2022. It will take place from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
This library branch is located in Lawrenceville, at 455 Camp Perrin Road.
Celebrate the first day of fall and learn how to protect yourself from falls!
Professional healthcare providers will be on hand to meet with you and assess your fall risk factors. They’ll also talk about ways to improve your strength and balance.
This program is FREE and open to the public.
It is recommended that you pre-register via Eventbrite.
Falls are a leading cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries in older Americans. Each year, more than one in four adults aged 65 and older experience a fall. This results in 3 million emergency department visits for fall injuries, and over 800,000 hospitalizations.
However, you don’t have to accept falls as an inevitable part of aging.
At this fall prevention clinic, you’ll receive one-on-one consultations, including:
- Assessment and screening for your fall risk factors
- Individual recommendations to improve your balance and strength
- A review of your prescription medications, by a pharmacist, to screen for side effects that can cause falls
You may also be interested in:
- The North Georgia State Fair: daily deals & discounts
- Atlanta Greek Festival is back in 2022!
- Best corn mazes and pumpkin patches to visit this fall
- The Atlanta Fair returns to Turner Field
- Complete guide to 2022 fall festivals
- The Georgia State Fair returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Apple Festivals and pick-your-own orchards