The city of Duluth hosts its annual Deck the Hall celebration and tree lighting on Saturday, December 3, 2022. It is FREE to attend, and takes place from 2 to 7 p.m. As always, it takes place on the Duluth Town Green in the downtown area.
This festive event features live entertainment, crafts for the kids, a real snow playground and snow slide, free photos with Santa, a holiday market, food trucks, and a tree lighting ceremony. See the details below or visit the event page
Kids can visit with Santa Claus.
Last year, a professional photographer was on site taking pics, which were available for FREE download a few days later. It’s not clear if that’s the same this year, or if you’ll use your own camera for do-it-yourself Santa photos, so you’ll want to come prepared.
There will be food trucks on site, as well as a huge holiday market (see a list of vendors).
There’s also an extensive schedule of live entertainment — everything from Santa’s arrival and storytime for the kids, to live music and an ugly sweater contest.
Check out our huge, day-by-day list of holiday happenings — including festivals, tree and menorah lightings, Santa visits, light shows, and more!
You may also be interested in:
- Lights of Life drive-thru holiday attraction in Marietta
- Discounts for Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens
- Discounts for Stone Mountain Christmas
- Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden
More holiday events:
Food trucks on site
- All Around the World
- Different Twist
- Island Chef
- Mys Vietnamese
- Soul Truckin’ Good
- Kona Ice
- Not as Famous Cookie Company
- Simply Done Donuts
- Sweet Chimney Bakery
The holiday market features about 30 vendors — see the list here.
The entertainment is hosted by DJ Rob.
Tinseltones – a fresh take on holiday caroling
3 and 4:15 p.m.
Ugly Sweater Contest
Tree Lighting Ceremony
On the Town Green and Main Street
* Snow slide and snow playground — 2 to 7 p.m.
* Free holiday crafts — 2 to 7 p.m.
* Gingerbread house coloring — 2 to 7 p.m.
* Photos with Santa — 3 to 6 p.m.
Storytime at Parsons Alley
* Stories with an elf — 4:30 and 5 p.m.
* Stories with the Grinch — 5:30 p.m.
Duluth Town Green