The Springs Cinema & Taphouse is hosting a pop-up drive-in movie theater on weekends (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.) The Cinema is located at 5920 Roswell Road, in Sandy Springs. The Springs Drive-In is located in the back parking lot, behind the main shopping center.
Currently, the drive-in features movies from both the recent and past — favorites like Bohemian Rhapsody and Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.
Shows currently start at 8:30 p.m., but this may change as the sun sets earlier.
Here’s how it works:
When you arrive, have your confirmation email ready for scanning. Head toward the designated area for drive-in guests, and let staff direct you to a spot.
The suggestion is to arrive at least 20 minutes before showtime — but tailgating is allowed, if you want to come early.
The parking is spaced so most vehicles will have an empty spot in front of them. You’re free to bring lawn chairs and sit outside in this spot, as long as groups stay 6-feet apart from each other.
You can order food and drink from a mobile interface, and have it delivered right to your vehicle. Or, if you prefer, you can visit the concession stand instead to place orders.
Restrooms are available inside the Cinema building.
You’ll get movie sound either through your FM radio, or the outdoor speakers.
Note that shows may delayed or even canceled in the event of high winds, lightning, or heavy rain that obscures visibility.
- $28 for the first two people in a vehicle
- $7 for each additional person, with a maximum of $49 per vehicle
- Friday, Sept 18 — Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
- Saturday, Sept 19 — Clue
You may also be interested in:
- Complete guide to outdoor summer movies 2020
- $5 movies on Friday nights at SCADshow
- AMC Theatres open with 15-cent movies tickets
- Regal Cinemas reopens with movies just $3 to $5
- Drive-In movie theaters around metro Atlanta
- Free and cheap things to do this week
Stay in the know! Subscribe to our newsletter.