If you’re planning to check out Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens during the 2019 holiday season, now is the time to snag discount tickets, no coupon code required. There are a couple of ways to save — through advance purchase or a Groupon deal — so read on!
Fantasy in Lights features over five miles of lights in custom-designed scenes with animation and music. It was named one of National Geographic’s Top 10 Holiday Light Displays in the world — and it’s right here in our own backyards.
It is quite an experience. You can make merry in the Christmas Village, meet holiday characters up close, and ride through the dazzling illuminated forest.
You can even book a Fantasy In Lights Overnight Package, which includes a daytime Callaway Gardens admission, trolley ride through Fantasy In Lights, and a stay in Callaway’s resort accommodations.
You may also be interested in discounts for:
2019 hours and prices
Fantasy in Lights opens on November 15, 2019. It runs through January 4, 2020.
The Fantasy In Lights show begins at 6 p.m., which is dusk.
The Christmas Village opens daily at 4 p.m.
Same-day tickets are your most expensive option. You’ll pay $35 for adults and $17.50 for kids age 4 – 12. That’s IF you can even find an open slot.
Tickets are per person — they are no longer per vehicle.
Advance purchase discounts are listed below — scroll down.
A ticket includes:
- Access to the Christmas Village to enjoy Santa, children’s playland, shopping, dining and more; open daily at 4 p.m.
- One trip through the Fantasy In Lights show either in your own car or on the open-air Jolly Trolley
- One complimentary day admission per ticket to visit Callaway Gardens during the Fantasy In Lights season — between the date of your visit and the end of the Fantasy In Lights season (Jan. 4, 2020). The Gardens are open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during this season. This is a $25 value admission, but they probably count on people not coming back during the day.
The advance purchase discount
Why would you not want to purchase in advance? It’s not just about the discount — it’s about getting your preferred time slot and transportation option (either your own toasty-warm car, or the open air Jolly Trolley). Time slots may be sold out on weekends.
Advance purchase prices are based on days of the week.
Here’s a basic rundown of prices, from low to high:
- Value Days are Mon–Thurs, with exceptions for Thanksgiving week and Christmas week, when prices go up.
- Adults: $21
- Children age 4-12: $10.50
- Prime Days are most Fridays and Saturdays, as well as Thanksgiving Day.
- Adults: $28
- Children age 4-12: $14
- Super Prime Days are Thanksgiving Weekend (Nov. 29 & 30) and Saturdays in December (Dec. 7th, 14th, and 21st).
- Adults: $30
- Children age 4-12: $15
Children 3 and under are FREE.
Sound confusing? Click here for a color-coded calendar of all the price levels.
The Groupon deal
Thanks to a deal on Groupon, you can visit Fantasy in Lights on the cheap. But if you want to go, you should buy your voucher now.
The Groupon deal lets you visit from Sunday through Friday — Saturday is off the table here.
You have two options:
- Admission for two (Sun–Fri): $44
- Admission for four (Sun–Fri): $82
Note that the Groupon deal may or may not save you any money over an advance purchase discount — it just depends on when you go. But the Groupon deal will *definitely* save you money over a same-day purchase.
Know before you go
Your ticket is rain or shine — no refunds if you reserve for the Jolly Trolley and get cold or rainy weather.
You can bring pets with you in your own vehicle, but not in the Jolly Trolley.
It takes about an hour to drive through the light display:
- Trolley rides start on the hour, at 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Drive-throughs in your own vehicle start on the half-hour, at 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Callaway Gardens is located at 17800 U.S. 27 in Pine Mountain, GA.
It is 75 miles south of downtown Atlanta.
Preview your experience:
Hamilton, GA 31822