Lace up your walking shoes and come along for a FREE immersive walking tour of Gammon Street in Atlanta! You’ll discover the hidden gems and vibrant culture of the eclectic South Atlanta neighborhood known as Brownsville.
Canopy Atlanta hosts the Gammon Street Walking Tour.
It begins at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, September 29, 2023.
The 45-minute tour will give you an insightful, personalized view of the Brownsville area, a historically Black neighborhood in South Atlanta. You’ll journey through the rich history, charming architecture, and diverse community of Gammon Street.
The tour begins at Community Grounds Cafe and ends at Leete hall.
You can see the walking route here.
Check out our Complete Guide to Atlanta Fall Festivals & Fairs -- which covers the entire metro area and includes all the fairs and festivals from September thru November.
About Canopy Atlanta
Canopy Atlanta is a non-profit organization with a focus on community journalism. It was founded in 2020 with a mission to identify, report, and share local stories with Atlantans.
Canopy Atlanta equips Metro Atlanta residents to tell stories about the issues their communities care about most. The organization helps residents access information about their communities, and tell and share stories that truly reflect their priorities.
Want to get paid to get involved?
Canopy Atlanta trains and pays Metro Atlantans to attend and report on public meetings across the five-county area.
More info here
You may also be interested in:
- The best corn mazes and pumpkin patches to visit this fall
- Fall Apple Festivals and pick-your-own orchards
- Complete guide to FREE outdoor concerts this fall
- Discounts for Stone Mountain's Pumpkin Festival "Glow by Night" attraction
- Enjoy an outdoor movie under the stars
- 30+ Trick-or-Treat and Trunk-or-Treat events
- Things to do for Halloween: Our huge list of spooky fun!
- Unwind with these free yoga classes in metro Atlanta parks
- The North Georgia State Fair: daily deals & discounts
- The Atlanta Greek Festival is back in 2023!
- Atlanta Fair returns to Turner Field this fall
- The Georgia State Fair returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway
Brownsville neighborhood (Atlanta)