UPDATED on 10/14/2020
Because of all the rain we had in conjunction with Hurricane Delta, the Georgia State Fair has extended its run.
The fair will be open this weekend during the following hours:
- Saturday, Oct. 17th — noon to midnight
- Sunday, Oct. 18th — noon to 10 p.m.
The Georgia State Fair returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway for ten days, opening on Friday, October 2nd and running through Sunday, October 11th, 2020.
Check out the deals and discounts on admission and rides, listed below — including a great Groupon deal for advance purchase.
BUT REMEMBER, just because something is happening doesn’t mean you have to go. If you’re feeling unwell or have been exposed to a sick person, you should stay home. And use your best judgment about what’s right for you and your family, keeping CDC guidelines in mind.
You might also consider the North Georgia State Fair in Marietta, which is happening as a drive-thru food event this year — without rides, live entertainment, and the like.
The Atlanta Motor Speedway is located at 1500 Tara Place, in Hampton, Georgia.
Safety precautions in place
You’ll have to wear a mask at all times at the Fair — with short exceptions while you’re seated in a designated eating area.
You’ll be subject to a temperature check and travel questionnaire upon arrival.
You must maintain social distancing from other guests who are not in your party.
You must observe the 6-foot markings and dividers while standing in line for rides and concessions.
If you have and cold or flu-like symptoms, please do not attend!oncessions. (this will be strictly enforced)
About the fair
All concerts, shows, and attractions are included in the price of admission.
- pig races
- white tiger display
- petting zoo
- Jurassic Kingdom dinosaur show
- Hollywood Circus performances
- pony rides ($5 each)
- aquatic acrobat shows
- indoor butterfly garden with live butterflies
- puppet shows
- animal shows
- Universal Championship Wrestling
Hours and dates
The fair runs from October 2 to October 11, 2020.
It has limited hours on weeknights, with extended hours on Friday nights and weekends.
Georgia State Fair hours of operation:
- Monday to Thursday — 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Fridays — 4 p.m. to midnight
- Saturdays — 10 a.m. to midnight
- Sundays — noon to 10 p.m.
Tickets are available at the gate.
Parking is not included and costs $5.
- Adults (age 13 and older) $10
- Children (age 5 to 12) $5
- Kids 4 and under are FREE
- Seniors (60+) $5
- Active military member with ID $5
Prices for midway rides:
- Regular price for an unlimited rides wristband is $25 per person. (See below for some discount options on the wristband!)
- Individual ride tickets are $1.25 each. (Each ride costs anywhere from 3 to 8 tickets.)
Discounts and free admission days
Free admission coupon
You can download a coupon for FREE ADMISSION to the fair on Mondays and Wednesdays. It must be PRINTED to be valid.
You can use the coupon on October 5th or October 7th.
The Groupon deal
This is a limited time Groupon deal offer that may end at any time.
Remember, when you’re looking at the deal options, “adult” means anyone age 13 or older here.
- Single-day general admission for two adults — $15 (that’s 25% off)
- Single-day general admission for four adults — $28 (that’s 30% off)
- Single-day general admission for six adults — $39 (that’s 35% off)
- Single-day general admission for eight adults — $48 (that’s 40% off)
HINT: If you sign up for and activate Ebates before you buy a Groupon deal, you can receive up to 6% cash back (you get a check or PayPal deposit at the end of each quarter).
$10 Tuesday unlimited rides deal
All-day unlimited ride wristbands are just $10 — less than half the regular price of $25.
The $10 Tuesday deal is good on Tuesday, October 6th. The fair hours are 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. that day.
2-for-1 Thursday rides deal
On Thursday, October 8th, you can buy one unlimited-rides wristband and get another free.
Disability Day discount NOT VALID for 2020 Disability Day is Wednesday, October 4th. Discounted prices are available from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
They include: Free admission for the disabled Caregivers pay $5 for admission Discounted ride wristbands are $15
More fall fun around Atlanta:
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Thursday, October 29, 2020