Come to midtown Atlanta for the Piedmont Park Summer Arts Festival, returning in August of 2021. Admission is FREE.
You’ll find roughly 250 artisan booths with arts and crafts for sale — including paintings, photography, sculpture, leather materials, metalwork, blown glass, jewelry, and more.
In addition to the market booths, there will be artist demonstrations, live acoustic music, a children’s play area, and festival food/beverages.
Saturday, August 21: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 22: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
You may also be interested in:
- The Dragon Con Parade in downtown Atlanta
- The Piedmont Park Arts Festival
- The Summer Shade Festival in Grant Park
- Doggy Con Pageant & Costume Contest in Woodruff Park
- Marietta Art in the Park Festival on Labor Day Weekend
- Atlanta Jazz Festival in Piedmont Park
Know before you go
Beer and wine will be available for purchase. You may not bring alcohol or glass bottles into the festival, per city ordinance.
Unlike the Dogwood Festival, pets are allowed! Please keep dogs on a leash and pick up after them.
The festival is a rain or shine event, but certain activities may be canceled due to heavy rain or high winds.
Six Can’t-Miss Food Trucks at the Piedmont Park Arts Festival
This list was sent to us by Caren West PR as part of a press release about the festival.
- Sweet or savory? Do both! Lisa’s Creperieis filling the air with the authentic aroma of French crepes. Crafted with strawberries and Nutella or stuffed with an abundance of chipotle chicken. There are plenty of options for adults, children, and those who are looking for vegan-friendly options.
- A Philadelphia staple turned to an Atlanta neighborhood favorite, Around the Block Cheese Steaks offers the iconic beef and cheese sandwich in a multitude of ways. Classic or with a twist, it all fits inside the confines of the famous roll.
- A family-owned and operated restaurant, The Mad Greek food truck offers a taste of Greece. Delicately made with the most wholesome ingredients, all traditional or specialized gyros are topped with red onion, lettuce, tomato, and tzatziki sauce.
- For burger lovers, the Patty Wagon is showcasing their secret 5-0 sauce with a patty-of-choice and side of seasoned fries. While there’s a variety of beef, turkey, or veggie burgers to choose from, Bacon The Law is a fan-favorite and topped with homemade maple glazed bacon.
- Things are getting saucy at Big House BBQ. Take the taste palate to a new level of satisfaction with their chopped pork, chicken, sausage, and brisket options! Do it right with a side of their seasoned fries or end it on a sweeter note with their fried corn on the cob.
- Cuisine inspired by land and sea, A Little Nauti delivers sustainable seafood in the most desirable ways. Lobster-infused mac & cheese and blackened grouper tacos are just some of the eatables offered at this curbside pop-up.
Getting there and parking
If you don’t want to be towed or ticketed, PLEASE don’t park illegally in the residential neighborhoods around the park.
Parking is available in the new SAGE parking deck at the park, and in paid lots around midtown.
Your best bet is to leave the car at home and take MARTA to the festival.
MARTA has an excellent, detailed guide with step-by-step walking directions from the rail stations, as well as the bus routes that get you closer to the park. View it online.
It’s an easy 15 to 20 minute walk to Piedmont Park from either Arts Center Station or Midtown Station. Which station you choose to exit at depends on which side of the festival you want to hit up first (Midtown is closer to the Midway rides, while Arts Center is closer to the Artist Market).
You can park your car for FREE at the following rail stations:
- Sandy Springs
- North Springs
- College Point
- East Point
- West End
TIP: Purchase a Breeze Card in advance if you don’t have one. If you do, add a round trip fare online, so you don’t have to wait at a fare machine. Remember, trains run every 20 minutes on the weekend. The MARTA ON THE GO app can put train schedules in your pocket!
More upcoming summer events:
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Thursday, October 28, 2021
Friday, October 29, 2021
Saturday, October 30, 2021
Sunday, October 31, 2021