Come to midtown Atlanta for the Piedmont Park Summer Arts Festival, returning to midtown on August 20th and 21st, 2022.
Admission is FREE.
You’ll find roughly 250 artisan booths with arts and crafts for sale — including paintings, photography, sculpture, leather materials, metalwork, blown glass, jewelry, and more.
In addition to the market booths, there will be artist demonstrations, live acoustic music, a children’s play area, and festival food/beverages.
2022 Festival Hours
Saturday, August 20: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, August 21: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
You may also be interested in:
- The Dragon Con Parade in downtown Atlanta
- The Piedmont Park Arts Festival
- The Summer Shade Festival in Grant Park
- Doggy Con Pageant & Costume Contest in Woodruff Park
- Marietta Art in the Park Festival on Labor Day Weekend
- Atlanta Jazz Festival in Piedmont Park
Know before you go
Beer and wine will be available for purchase. You may not bring alcohol or glass bottles into the festival, per city ordinance.
Unlike the Dogwood Festival, pets are allowed! Please keep dogs on a leash and pick up after them.
The festival is a rain or shine event, but certain activities may be canceled due to heavy rain or high winds.
Six Can’t-Miss Food Trucks at the 2022 Piedmont Park Arts Festival
This list was sent to us by Caren West PR as part of a press release about the festival.
1. Sweet or savory? Do both! Lisa’s Creperie is filling the air with the authentic aroma of French crepes. Crafted with strawberries and Nutella or stuffed with bacon. There are plenty of options for adults, children, and those who are looking for vegan-friendly options.
2. A family-owned and operated restaurant, The Mad Greek food truck offers a taste of Greece. Delicately made with the most wholesome ingredients, all traditional or specialized gyros are topped with red onion, lettuce, tomato, and tzatziki sauce.
3. It’s all in the dough at Different Twist. Bite into their sweet dough pretzels with a light but crispy crust and a fluffy interior. These heavenly baked goods come dipped in their all vegetable butter and are available in four flavors – Salted, Cinnamon Sugar-Coated, Baked With Almond Crunch Coating, and Garlic & Parmesan Cheese.
4. For burger lovers, the Patty Wagon is showcasing their secret 5-0 sauce with a patty-of-choice and side of seasoned fries. While there’s a variety of beef, turkey, or veggie burgers to choose from, Bacon The Law is a fan-favorite and topped with homemade maple glazed bacon.
5. Things are getting saucy at Big House BBQ. Take the taste palate to a new level of satisfaction with their chopped pork, chicken, sausage, and brisket options! Do it right with a side of their seasoned fries or end it on a sweeter note with their fried corn on the cobb.
6. Beat the Atlanta heat and cool off with Snowie Atlanta’s Shaved Ice. With an abundance of fruity flavors, there’s something for everyone. Don’t worry parents, they offer sugar-free as well to minimize any sugar highs.
Getting there and parking
If you don’t want to be towed or ticketed, PLEASE don’t park illegally in the residential neighborhoods around the park.
Parking is available in the new SAGE parking deck at the park, and in paid lots around midtown.
Your best bet is to leave the car at home and take MARTA to the festival.
MARTA has an excellent, detailed guide with step-by-step walking directions from the rail stations, as well as the bus routes that get you closer to the park. View it online.
It’s an easy 15 to 20 minute walk to Piedmont Park from either Arts Center Station or Midtown Station. Which station you choose to exit at depends on which side of the festival you want to hit up first (Midtown is closer to the Midway rides, while Arts Center is closer to the Artist Market).
You can park your car for FREE at the following rail stations:
- Sandy Springs
- North Springs
- College Point
- East Point
- West End
TIP: Purchase a Breeze Card in advance if you don’t have one. If you do, add a round trip fare online, so you don’t have to wait at a fare machine. Remember, trains run every 20 minutes on the weekend. The MARTA ON THE GO app can put train schedules in your pocket!
More upcoming summer events:
Sunday, January 29, 2023
Sunday, February 5, 2023