Honor the legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. through this documentary film festival and webinar, which address the global freedom struggle that stem from MLK’s unanswered question.
The festival’s theme is “Where do we go from here?”
The four-day film festival and webinar are FREE, but you must register through Eventbrite.
It starts on the evening of Friday, Jan. 15th, 2021 and runs through Jan. 18th 2021.
The festival features 20 documentaries, as well as musical performances that reflect the theme.
Registration gives you access to a Zoom webinar. You’ll receive the link via email on Jan. 15th.
You’ll also have access to all films and performances. The links and passwords will be emailed to you, and you’ll have a chance to view any films you missed later, on your own schedule.
Check out our big list of MLK Day events, including ceremonial observances and general things to do over the holiday weekend.
Film festival schedule of events
Friday, January 15, 2021 — Opening Night Webinar
- At the Table with Dr. King | More Info
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.: Through the Eyes of Children | More Info
- One Voice: The Story of the Oakland Interfaith Gospel Choir | Trailer
Saturday, January 16, 2021 — Films reflecting the theme Where Are We?
- Berkeley in the Sixties | Trailer
- Brother Outsider: The Life of Bayard Rustin | Trailer
- Freedom On My Mind: The Story of Freedom Summer | Trailer
- James Baldwin: The Price of the Ticket | Trailer
- Love and Solidarity: Rev. James Lawson & Nonviolence in the Search for Workers’ Rights | Trailer
Sunday, January 17, 2021 — Films reflecting the theme Who Are We?
- Al Helm: Martin Luther King in Palestine | Trailer
- Blacks and Jews | Trailer
- Have You Heard From Johannesburg? | Trailer
- Mother, Daughter, Sister | Trailer
- In The Name of Love: 19th Annual Musical Tribute Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. | More Info
- The Third Harmony: Nonviolence and the New Story of Human Nature | Trailer
Monday, January 18, 2021 — Films reflecting the theme Where Should We Go?
- At the River I Stand: The 1968 Memphis Sanitation Workers Strike and the Assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King | Trailer
- I Am MLK Jr. | Trailer
- King in the Wilderness | Trailer
- The March | Trailer
- We Are the Dream: The Kids of the Oakland MLK Oratorical Fest | Trailer
You may also be interested in:
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter and stay in the know!
- Metro Atlanta area Farmers Markets, listed by day of the week
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Local daily deals from Groupon
- Atlanta on the Cheap events calendar
Stay in the know! Subscribe to our newsletter.