APEX is an acronym for African-American Panoramic Experience. The mission of the APEX Museum is to accurately interpret and present history from an African-American perspective. Permanent exhibits include Sweet Auburn, Women in STEM, The Georgia Negro, and more. A new exhibit is devoted to Black Inventors.
The APEX Museum is located in the historic Sweet Auburn District at:
135 Auburn Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Hours are limited during the pandemic.
The museum is open on Saturdays only right now, and you must purchase a timed ticket through Eventbrite.
Adult admission is $8. Sales tax is added.
You may also be interested in:
Discounts to the Apex Museum
There is a discounted admission of just $5 for students, military, and anyone age 55 and over.
This is an especially good deal for “seniors” because most people age 55 still consider themselves middle-aged!
Free admission days at the Apex Museum
The APEX Museum is one of the lower-priced attractions in Atlanta. Still, the venue offers a handful of FREE admission days each year.
Free days often include the following, but can vary from year to year:
- Martin Luther King Day (third Monday of January)
- Phoenix Flies Celebration (usually in spring)
- Juneteenth — (June 19th)
- Open House Atlanta — (usually in the fall)
The Groupon deal
- Admission for 2 people — just $7
- Admission for 4 people — just $13
- Admission for 6 people — just $16
- Individual membership — $15 (half off the regular price of $30)
As always, read all the fine print before buy.