Updated for 2020
APEX is an acronym for African-American Panoramic Experience. The mission of the APEX Museum is to accurately interpret and present history from an African-American perspective. Permanent exhibits include Sweet Auburn, Women in STEM, The Georgia Negro, and more. A new exhibit is devoted to Black Inventors.
The APEX Museum is located in the historic Sweet Auburn District at:
135 Auburn Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Hours are Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Adult admission is $7.
You may also be interested in:
Discounts to the Apex Museum
There is a discounted admission of just $5 for students, military, and anyone age 55 and over.
This is an especially good deal for “seniors” because most people age 55 still consider themselves middle-aged!
Free admission days at the Apex Museum
The APEX Museum is one of the lower-priced attractions in Atlanta. Still, the venue offers a handful of FREE admission days each year.
Free days include:
- MLK Day — Monday, January 20, 2020
- Phoenix Flies — March date to be determined
- Juneteenth — Friday, June 19, 2020
- Open House Atlanta — October date to be determined
The Groupon deal
- Admission for 2 people — just $6.75
- Admission for 4 people — just $12.50
- Admission for 6 people — just $15.50
- Family membership — $22.50 (half off the regular price of $50)
As always, read all the fine print before buy.