That credit or debit card in your wallet just might gain you FREE admission to popular Atlanta-area attractions once a month, through the Museums On Us program.
The qualifying cards include credit/debit cards from Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, and U.S. Trust.
If you’re a customer of one of these banks, this is a great deal for you! Who wouldn’t want free admission to the High Museum?
Also, note that some museums are now working on a timed ticket system to limit crowd capacity. So even on free days, you may need to reserve your time slot online ahead of time. And at some venues you will need to enter the promo code BOA2020 to redeem the free ticket.
This is how it works:
- On the first full weekend of each month, head over to any participating museum, zoo, aquarium, science enter, or botanical garden — either in Atlanta or another city you’re traveling to. (SEE ABOVE — YOU’LL NEED A RESERVED TIME SLOT, and possibly a promo code)
- Present your qualifying Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card, along with a photo ID.
- Receive a free ticket for general admission.
Note that only the cardholder gets a free ticket. If you’re taking your family, regular prices apply to non-cardholders. The program also excludes special events, special exhibitions, and ticketed shows.
Here in Atlanta, the Museums On Us program gets you free admission to:
- The High Museum of Art
- The Tellus Science Museum (Cartersville)
- The Atlanta History Center
- The Center for Civil and Human Rights
If you happen to be traveling on the first full weekend of a month, you can visit the Museums On Us website to find participating venues at your destination city. More than 150 museums participate, nationwide. Or, browse by state here.
For 2022, the dates of the Museums On Us program are:
NOTE: In July, please check to make sure your venue is open on these dates, since it is a holiday weekend with the 4th of July falling on that Sunday.
We know for sure that the High and Tellus Museums are closed on the 4th. The other two appear to be open.
- January 1-2 — NOTE that most venues are closed on New Year’s Day
- February 5-6
- March 5-6
- April 2-3
- May 7-8
- June 4-5
- July 2-3
- August 6-7
- September 3-4 (Labor Day weekend)
- October 1-2
- November 5-6
- December 3-4
Sign up for our newsletter, and get a reminder each month when the FREE Museums On Us dates roll around — as well as notifications about many more free events and great ticket deals around town!