Come experience the national parks! On five days in 2019, all National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone. Mark your calendar for these free-entrance days in 2019.
- January 21: Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- April 20: First day of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 28: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
Note that only the entrance fee is waived. You may still need to pay for things like campsites, boat launches, walking tours, etc.
National Parks in Georgia
There are 11 National Parks in Georgia, plus three National Heritage Areas.
The National Parks in bold text are those that are closest to the Atlanta metro area.
- Andersonville National Historic Site
- Appalachian National Scenic Trail
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park
- Cumberland Island National Seashore
- Fort Frederica National Monument
- Fort Pulaski National Monument
- Jimmy Carter National Historic Site in Plains
- Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site
- Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park
National Heritage Areas include:
- Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area
- Augusta Canal National Heritage Area
You may also be interested in: