The Marietta Square First Friday Art Walks are back for 2022.
This community event features local art, live music, and other performances — along with a chance to shop, dine, and experience all the local flavor of the Marietta Square.
The First Friday Art Walks are FREE self-guided strolls of the Square’s galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, and other venues. They take place every month, between 5:00 and 9:00 p.m. on the first Friday of each month.
During the monthly Art Walk, each participating shop or venue hosts a local artist outside its storefront in the Marietta Square. It’s a great way to celebrate Marietta’s diverse cultural arts scene and showcase local artists and performers.
Shops, boutiques, and galleries stay open late on First Fridays. The evening comes alive with music, dance, and visual art.
Visit the Art Walk Facebook page.
The Marietta Square is an open container district
In the fall of 2020, the Marietta city council passed an ordinance that created a designated entertainment district, which allows you to carry and consume alcohol outdoors.
The ordinance means you can stroll around the district sipping beer, wine, or a cocktail that was purchased from a restaurant or bar with a valid liquor license.
As with anything else, there are rules you must follow, however.
Here’s what you need to know before you go:
- Drinks will be 12 ounces or less, and served in a clear plastic cup.
- The district boundaries are Polk Street on the north; Marietta Parkway on the west; South Marietta Parkway on the south, and Atlanta Street/East Park Square/Cherokee Street on the east.
- Glover Park is NOT included in the district — so you can’t enter the park with a drink
You may also be interested in:
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter and stay in the know!
- Metro Atlanta area Farmers Markets, listed by day of the week
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Local daily deals from Groupon
- Atlanta on the Cheap events calendar
The 2022 Marietta Square First Friday Art Walk Calendar
These are the First Friday dates in 2022:
- February 4th
- March 4 th
- April 1st
- May 6th
- June 3rd
- July 1st
- August 5th
- September 2nd
- October 7th
- November 4th
- December 2nd
More fall fun:
Friday, January 27, 2023
Thursday, February 2, 2023