The Marietta Square First Friday Art Walks are back for 2023.
This community event features local art, live music, and other performances — along with a chance to shop, dine, and experience all the local flavor of the Marietta Square.
The First Friday Art Walks are FREE self-guided strolls of the Square’s galleries, museums, cultural venues, restaurants, and other venues. They take place every month, between 5:00 and 9:00 p.m. on the first Friday of each month.
During the monthly Art Walk, each participating shop or venue hosts a local artist outside its storefront in the Marietta Square. It’s a great way to celebrate Marietta’s diverse cultural arts scene and showcase local artists and performers.
Shops, boutiques, and galleries stay open late on First Fridays. The evening comes alive with music, dance, and visual art.
Visit the Art Walk Facebook page.
The Marietta Square is an open container district
In the fall of 2020, the Marietta city council passed an ordinance that created a designated entertainment district, which allows you to carry and consume alcohol outdoors.
The ordinance means you can stroll around the district sipping beer, wine, or a cocktail that was purchased from a restaurant or bar with a valid liquor license.
As with anything else, there are rules you must follow, however.
Here’s what you need to know before you go:
- Drinks will be 12 ounces or less, and served in a clear plastic cup.
- The district boundaries are Polk Street on the north; Marietta Parkway on the west; South Marietta Parkway on the south, and Atlanta Street/East Park Square/Cherokee Street on the east.
- Glover Park is NOT included in the district — so you can’t enter the park with a drink
You may also be interested in:
- 4th of July fireworks and celebrations
- Enjoy $2 movies with Regal Summer Express
- 15 summer festivals happening in metro Atlanta
- Have a close-up butterfly encounter this summer
- Complete guide to 2023 free summer concerts
- Enjoy a night under the stars: free outdoor movies in 2023
- Free outdoor community yoga and fitness classes this summer
The 2023 Marietta Square First Friday Art Walk Calendar
- January 6
- February 3
- March 3
- April 7
- May 5
- June 2
- July 7
- August 4
- September 1
- October 6
- November 3
- December 1
Double-Check Before You Head Out!
We always strive for 100% accurate.
However, sometimes things change without notice, and it's also possible that we can make a mistake. In addition, we can not guarantee that all events adhere to the safety measures that are necessary at this time, so we encourage you to ask any questions of the organizer, to make your best decision, and to stay safe.
Please verify all deals and events with the venue or organizer before you go.
More fall fun:
Saturday, June 3, 2023
Sunday, June 4, 2023
Monday, June 5, 2023
Wednesday, June 7, 2023
Thursday, June 8, 2023
Friday, June 9, 2023