Hello, warm weather!
Summer 2023 is just around the corner and we expect to update this page very shortly with all this year’s details for Regal Summer Movie Express. Please check back — or subscribe to our newsletter (below) to be alerted when this program starts up again.
Beat the heat and take the kiddos to the movies this summer, without breaking the bank! The 2022 Regal Summer Movie Express is a real deal, at just $2 for admission to select family-friendly films.
Yes, this is a price increase — it’s gone up from the one buck price tag we all enjoyed for many years.
There are actually four major changes this year:
• The price has gone up.
• The program is longer, running 16 weeks (instead of the usual 10).
• Movie start times vary (it used to always be 10 a.m.) We clicked around and found most showtimes are now either 11 a.m. or 12:30 p.m.
• You can now buy tickets in advance, both online and at the box office. (In the past, they were only available on the day of the show, so you had to get there early to ensure you got seats. We urge you to take advantage of the advance purchase option — there don’t seem to be any extra fees tacked on.)
Here’s how it works:
Each week, two movies are offered at the $2 price, on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Both movies run both days, so you have a choice. You could also see both films over two days.
The films are always rated G or PG.
See the list of movies below.
Participating theaters in 2022
The good news is that there are locations inside the perimeter this year! It is basically the same list as last year.
NOTE that the program starts on Tuesday, May 24th at the Regal Hollywood 24 in Chamblee. At all other theaters, it starts on Tuesday, May 31st.
Some of these theaters have reserved seating, which means you pick your seat from a chart when you buy the ticket.
- Regal Atlantic Station (midtown)
- Regal Avalon (Alpharetta)
- Regal Austell
- Regal Cherokee (Woodstock)
- Regal Hamilton Mill (Dacula)
- Regal Hollywood (Chamblee)
- Regal Mall Of Georgia (Buford)
- Regal McDonough
- Regal Medlock Crossing (Johns Creek)
- Regal Perimeter Pointe (Sandy Springs)
You may also be interested in:
- 4th of July fireworks and celebrations
- Enjoy $2 movies with Regal Summer Express
- 15 summer festivals happening in metro Atlanta
- Have a close-up butterfly encounter this summer
- Complete guide to 2023 free summer concerts
- Enjoy a night under the stars: free outdoor movies in 2023
- Free outdoor community yoga and fitness classes this summer
2022 film schedule
NOTE that the program starts on Tuesday, May 24th at the Regal Hollywood 24 in Chamblee. At all other theaters, it starts on Tuesday, May 31st. This means that the Regal Hollywood will be showing different films than the other theaters.
This is a master schedule provided by Regal Cinemas. Individual theaters may vary in the films they show on a particular day. You can check the Summer Movie Express film schedule for each individual theater here
Here’s this summer’s schedule of family-friendly flicks:
May 24 and 25 (Hollywood Regal 24 only)
The LEGO Ninjago Movie
May 31 and June 1
Penguins of Madagascar
The LEGO Movie
June 7 and 8
Dr. Suess’ The Lorax
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part
June 14 and 15
The LEGO Batman Movie
June 21 and 22
Pokémon Detective Pikachu
June 28 and 29
Despicable Me 2
July 5 and 6
Puss in Boots
July 12 and 13
Space Jam: A New Legacy
July 19 and 20
Despicable Me 3
Tom & Jerry
July 25 and 26
Trolls World Tour
August 2 and 3
The Croods: A New Age
The Boss Baby: Family Business
August 9 and 10
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
August 16 and 17
The Secret Life of Pets
August 23 and 24
The Secret Life of Pets 2
August 30 and 31
Dr. Suess’ The Grinch
September 6 and 7
Shrek Forever After
You may also be interested in:
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter and stay in the know!
- Metro Atlanta area Farmers Markets, listed by day of the week
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Local daily deals from Groupon
- Atlanta on the Cheap events calendar
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.