Lawrenceville is said to be metro Atlanta’s oldest city. It’s also said that modern renovations to the historic downtown area awakened sleeping ghosts and ushered in reports of paranormal activity.
Whether you believe in ghosts or not, you’ll likely enjoy this 90-minute walking tour of the old courthouse square and nearby buildings, including the old jail. Tour guides in full period costume recount popular legends and give details about paranormal investigations.
Tours happen every night in October at the following times:
- Sunday thru Thursday at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday at both 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
You can buy tickets online, or in person at the box office of the Aurora Theatre.
Tour prices are below — you can save a few bucks by going on a weeknight, or buy taking advantage of the half-price deal below.
- Sunday thru Thursday — adults $12 and children $9
- Friday & Saturday — adults $15 and children $12
The tours begin and end at the Aurora Theatre, located in downtown Lawrenceville at 128 East Pike Street.
NOTE: This is a storytelling event — NOT a haunted attraction. No one is going to jump out at you, and it is suitable for children.
Walking distance is just one mile, mostly outdoors.
Remember to wear comfortable shoes and to dress for the weather.
You may also be interested in:
- 17 corn mazes and pumpkin patches to visit this fall
- 20+ trick-or-treating events in Atlanta and suburbs
- Our big list of Halloween activities and events
- 6 doggie costume contests & parades to watch or participate in
- Stone Mountain’s Pumpkin Festival “Glow by Night” display
- Applebee’s serves up it’s “Vampire” cocktail for just $1 thru Halloween
The Goldstar deal
Goldstar has a limited number of tickets left, discounted at half-price.
If you’re interested, buy now. These tickets qualify for the Easy Cancel program.
Note that Goldstar adds a fee to its tickets.
Haunted Cemetery Tour
If you’re looking for something extra spooky, consider Lawrenceville’s Haunted Cemetery Tour!
These take place on Friday and Saturday nights in October, at 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
From the website: Hear chilling tales, told in the most frightening place you can imagine, by a master storyteller. Scattered throughout the evening will be stories about the occupants of the Historic Lawrenceville Cemetery: the town’s earliest settlers and founders.
Tickets are $25 and you should bring a flashlight.