The Hammonds House Museum is a historic home turned art museum. It is located on a quiet residential street in Atlanta’s historic West End neighborhood.
The museum currently holds a permanent collection of more than 45o works that represent artists of African descent from the Americas, Caribbean, and Africa.
Hammonds House Museum hours:
- Friday — 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday — 11:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday — noon to 5 p.m.
- $10.00 – Adults
- $7.00 – Seniors (62 +)
- $5.00 – Students
- $5.00 – Artists, Poets, Writers
- Free for kids 12 and under
- Free for Museum Members
Currently, admission is by online ticketing only, via Eventbrite.
Hammonds House Museum is located at:
503 Peeples St SW
Atlanta, GA 30310
You may also be interested in:
- Discounts for Stone Mountain's Pumpkin Festival "Glow by Night" attraction
- Best pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and haunted attractions in 2021
- 2021 guide to apple festivals and U-pick orchards
- Discounts for the Buford Corn Maze & Haunted Forest
- Fall farmers markets around Atlanta
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Over 100 Halloween events, plus ideas for safer celebrations
- 30+ FREE trick-or-treat events for kids
NEW monthly Family Day program at Hammonds House Museum
The new Family Day program features FREE admission for everyone on the first Saturday of each month, from October, 2021 through January, 2022. Art lovers of all ages are welcome!
While the program is free, registration via Eventbrite is REQUIRED, because of limited capacity.
Upcoming Family Day dates include:
- Saturday, Oct. 2nd
- Sunday, Nov. 7th
- Saturday, Dec. 4th
- Note that the first Saturday of January is New Year’s Day — we expect the date to be shifted by a week, but we’ll update when we know for sure.
About the Nov. 7th Family Day
1:00PM – 3:00PM at Hammonds House Museum
(Limited Timed Tickets Required – MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE!)
Bring the whole family out for some family fun:
- View the current art exhibition (Exhibiting Culture: Highlights from the Hammonds House Museum Collection)
- Explore the museum through an Art Smart Scavenger Hunt
- Create a digital Family Portrait inspired by James Van der Zee
- Hear wonderful POETRY ON THE PORCH from poet, author, and educator Luvenia “MS.LU” White …. AND MORE!