Canton has brought back its popular First Friday live music events this fall.
All of the First Friday events take place between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m., around Cannon Park in downtown Canton. (Need an address for your GPS? Use 130 E. Main St., Canton 30114.)
There will be food trucks on site, nearby restaurants will be open, or you can bring a picnic meal. You’re welcome to bring a blanket or lawn chairs.
Parking is FREE and available at many locations a short walk away. The parking locations will be clearly marked and directed by volunteers
The event is family-friendly.
In addition to the free concerts, specific First Friday dates may feature additional events, like car shows, book signings, etc. The local downtown merchants will be open for shopping..
Note that there’s a special “Fifth Friday” event in October, for Halloween — come in costume!
There’s also a New Year’s Eve bash planned.
Schedule of events and musical acts:
- Friday, October 2nd — The Sensational Sounds of Motown
- Friday, October 30th — Anita & the Party Life (come in costume)
- Friday, November 6th — Electric Avenue
- Thursday, December 31st — Rupert’s Orchestra
You may also be interested in the Downtown Canton Farmers Market
It takes place on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., in Cannon Park.
This is a summer farmers market, running from May 11th through October 12th.
You may also be interested in:
- Over 100 Halloween events, plus ideas for safer celebrations
- 20+ FREE trick-or-treat events for kids
- Discounts for Stone Mountain's Pumpkin Festival "Glow by Night" attraction
- Best pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and haunted attractions in 2020
- 2020 guide to apple festivals and U-pick orchards
- Discounts for the Buford Corn Maze & Haunted Forest
- Fall farmers markets around Atlanta
- Free and cheap things to do this week