Fridays-N-Duluth features food trucks, live music, vendors, and special themed events, all summer long!
Downtown Duluth will again host Fridays-n-Duluth events for the 2023 season. It’s a mixture of food trucks, live entertainment, and special themes.
It happens from 6 to 9 p.m. on Friday nights, on the Duluth Town Green. Admission and entertainment is FREE — just bring your wallet for food and drink.
The schedule is very different this year!
It’s a very abbreviated season, starting just in time for Memorial Weekend and ending in late July.
(In past years, the events have run from April through October, ending with a Halloween bash.)
The events feature a variety of food trucks, and live entertainment in separate areas along the Town Green and the downtown area. There are also special themed nights sprinkled throughout the series (details and schedule below).
Both events feature live entertainment on the Festival Stage in the Town Green, and in the Parsons Alley business development.
And don’t forget about Flicks on the Bricks — a Friday night series happening on the 1st and 3rd Friday in August.
You can often find the current week’s food truck vendors and bands listed on the city’s event page. And you can scroll down this page for more details and the full season’s schedule.
Note that the events happen rain or shine, unless weather conditions become unsafe.
You may also be interested in:
- 4th of July fireworks and celebrations
- Enjoy $2 movies with Regal Summer Express
- 15+ summer festivals happening in metro Atlanta
- Have a close-up butterfly encounter this summer
- Complete guide to 2023 free summer concerts
- Enjoy a night under the stars: free outdoor movies in 2023
- Free outdoor community yoga and fitness classes this summer
Downtown Duluth’s open container policy
Duluth has a liberal alcohol policy with an open container policy.
During Fridays-N-Duluth events, you can carry an alcoholic beverage with you, as long as it was purchased from licensed downtown merchant. So swing by a local restaurant and grab a cocktail when you arrive!
You cannot bring outside alcohol into a Fridays-N-Duluth event.
The 2023 Fridays-n-Duluth schedule
- May 26th — the theme is Eureka! (science)
- June 2nd — Pride Night: a celebration of diversity and inclusivity
- June 9th
- June 16th — Dog Days of Summer (pet friendly event)
- June 23rd
- June 30th
- July 7th
- July 14th — Decades Night (music from the ’20s, ’70s, ’80s, and ’90s)
- July 21st
- July 28th — International Night and Lantern Parade
- Flicks on the Bricks takes place on Aug. 4th and 18th
The July 28th event details
Food Truck Lineup
All Around the World
Azucar Cuban Cuisine
Islad Chef Cafe
The Mad Greek
Repicci’s Italian Ice & Gelato
Sweet Chimney Bakery
Festival Center Main Stage
Hosted by Jessica It’s All Good
6:00pm – Mahealani’s Polynesian Dancers
6:30pm – Berdole Flamenco
7:15pm – Carpenter Academy of Irish Dance
7:45pm – Indian Classical Dance
8:10pm – Chinese Lion Dance
8:30pm – African Drummers
9:00pm – Lantern Parade
Free Lantern Making with SKA Academy
World Map – Mark where you are from!
Live Music by Mariachi Mexico
Free Henna Tattoos
City Hall Parking Lot
Music by DJ Rob
Rochale’s Paint Spot
More FREE events:
Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Thursday, September 28, 2023
Friday, September 29, 2023
Saturday, September 30, 2023
Sunday, October 1, 2023
Monday, October 2, 2023
Duluth Town Green