DeKalb County will host its household hazardous waste recycling event on Saturday, October 21, 2023, from 8 a.m. to noon.
Participation is FREE for Dekalb residents (come with proof of residency, in case you’re asked for it.)
The location is the county’s sanitation station, 3720 Leroy Scott Drive, in Decatur (30032 zip).
If you live in Dekalb County, this is your chance to get safely and legally dispose of any hazardous household items you may have accumulated.
Examples of hazardous materials that will be accepted include:
- flammables (gasoline, kerosene, propane, etc)
- lawn care chemicals
- fluorescent light bulbs
- photo and dark room chemicals
- paint (limited to 10 gallons per vehicle)
Items that will NOT be accepted include:
- agricultural waste (manure, etc.)
- radioactive materials
- biomedical waste
You may also be interested in:
- The best corn mazes and pumpkin patches to visit this fall
- Fall Apple Festivals and pick-your-own orchards
- Complete guide to FREE outdoor concerts this fall
- Discounts for Stone Mountain's Pumpkin Festival "Glow by Night" attraction
- Enjoy an outdoor movie under the stars
- 30+ Trick-or-Treat and Trunk-or-Treat events
- Things to do for Halloween: Our huge list of spooky fun!
- Unwind with these free yoga classes in metro Atlanta parks
- The North Georgia State Fair: daily deals & discounts
- The Atlanta Greek Festival is back in 2023!
- Atlanta Fair returns to Turner Field this fall
- The Georgia State Fair returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway
More upcoming events:
Friday, December 8, 2023
Saturday, December 9, 2023
Sunday, December 10, 2023
Monday, December 11, 2023
Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Wednesday, December 13, 2023
Thursday, December 14, 2023
DeKalb County Sanitation Division Central Station