Skate the Station returns to Atlantic Station, just in time for the 2020 holiday season! This is your chance to skate beneath the stars with the midtown skyline in view, at the largest outdoor ice rink in the Southeast.
The ice rink opens at Atlantic Station on Monday, November 16, 2020
It closes for the season on MLK Day, January 18, 2021.
Looking for info on the holiday tree lightings and Snow Shows at Atlantic station? Click here.
We’ll keep this page updated with any coupons or promo codes for discounted admission. The best way to find out about deals as they happen is to subscribe to our free newsletter.
As always, things are different this year.
This is what you can expect from Skate the Station in 2020:
- Touchless ticketing online or via smartphone, in advance or at the rink
- Timed entry and contactless check-in
- Reduced capacity to allow for social distancing
- Skate times limited to 75 minutes
- Skates sanitized for every use
- No-touch hand sanitizer stations throughout the rink area
- Staff screened daily via health survey and temperature checks
What we love is the new rink design, which is laid out with a center island to keep everyone going the same way. (Photo below.)
You may also be interested in:
- NEW for 2020: World of Illumination drive-thru light show
- NEW! Festival of Lights drive-thru light show at Atlantic Station
- FREE: Prism Winter Lights display at Woodruff Park in downtown Atlanta
- Lights of Life drive-thru holiday attraction in Marietta
- Discounts for Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens
- Discounts for Stone Mountain Christmas
- Garden Lights, Holiday Nights at the Atlanta Botanical Garden
Atlantic Station 2020 ice rink hours
Remember, you’ll be buying a timed entry slot this year. They start on the hour and half-hour, and you’ll be limited to 75 minutes of skating time.
The last timed ticket starts one hour before closing time.
- Monday – Friday: 4 pm – 10 pm (except the Friday after Thanksgiving, which has Saturday hours)
- Saturday: 11 am – 11 pm
- Sunday: 11am – 9pm
- Holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years Day) 4 pm – 11 pm
- MLK Jr. Day (January 20th) 11 am – 10 pm
You may also be interested in:
Santa Pet Nights at Atlantic Station (photos)
Atlantic Station Snow Shows (scroll down in this post!)
2020 Atlantic Station ice rink admission prices
This year, you will buy tickets in advance online, or from your mobile phone at the rink. You will NOT find a traditional ticket booth in 2020.
We have not seen a season pass option this year.
It seems to be one price across the board, without the usual senior/military discount.
General admission is $15 and includes skate rentals. You can bring your own skates, but you won’t get a discount.
Know before you go
NOTE: This info is from 2019 and we’re attempting to verify it.
The rink is located within Atlantic Station at 1381 Market St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30363.
Atlantic Station features FREE 2-hour parking in the underground lot.
For closest parking:
♦ Park in the Green section and use Stairwell 11 for access
♦ Park in the Orange section and use Stairwell 12 for access
There are NO lockers this year, so plan accordingly.
The rink staff is not able to hold or watch your items.
Dress appropriately! You’ll want socks and long pants. Gloves and a hat are recommended, as it can be windy at the rink. In case you forget, gloves are available for purchase at the skating rink.
The rink-side snack shop sells hot chocolate, snacks, bottled water, Coca-Cola products, wine, beer, and alcoholic beverages.
While you’re there, check out the Snow Shows!
NOTE: We have verified that Snow Shows are happening in 2020, but don’t have the schedule yet
Okay, so last year the “snow” looked conspicuously like soap suds — it may still be a magical experience for the little ones, who may not have seen much real snow in Atlanta. Beginning November 23rd, you can stroll through Market and Tower Streets during the Snow Shows, while holiday music brings the snowfall to life. Snow Shows happen during these times: Sunday through Thursday at 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays at 6 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m., and 9 p.m.