Dogwood Festival 2022, Atlanta Dogwood Festival, Dogwood Festival Piedmont Park
UPDATE: Dates have been announced for the 2023 Atlanta Dogwood Festival in Piedmont Park. It will be held from Friday, April 14th thru Sunday, April 16th, 2023.
We’ll update other details below, as more info is released.
The Atlanta Dogwood Festival is back at Piedmont Park for 2022, right on schedule in early April.
Did you know this is the third oldest fine arts festival in the country, and the longest running festival in Atlanta?
Save the date:
The 2022 festival opens at noon on Friday, April 8th, and runs through Sunday, April 10th, 2022
Keep scrolling for your complete guide to the 2022 Atlanta Dogwood Festival, including the FREE concert line-up and all the changes you can expect this year.
You may also be interested in:
- Complete guide to Atlanta spring festivals -- March, April, & May
- Midtown Garden Stroll: Tour gorgeous private gardens for FREE
- 40+ egg hunts, pics with the Easter Bunny, and more
- Atlanta Fair returns to Turner Field this spring
- The Atlanta Dogwood Festival at Piedmont Park
What’s new & different in 2022
• There are no midway rides in 2021, but you’ll find inflatable bounce houses in the Meadow for children, and the Kids Village still exists.
• There is no International Stage this year — all the international and cultural performances will take place on the Main Stage.
• Everything is more spaced out for now, including the vendor booths in the Artist Market.
• The Main Stage entertainment includes a burlesque show, created especially for the festival this year!
• The VIP Experience has changed completely. There is no Backyard Bites & Brews this year. See the details about the new VIP experiences below.
Know before you go
Due to a city ordinance, no dogs (other than service animals) are allowed in Piedmont Park during the festival. PLEASE do not bring your pet and expect an exception.
There is no smoking in Piedmont Park.
You may not bring outside food or drink into the festival, and no coolers are allowed. You can bring lawn chairs, but no tents or umbrellas.
There are porta-potties and ATMs on site.
Atlanta Police will be strictly enforcing parking ordinances around Piedmont Park, so leave the car at home if at all possible! See the section below for details about MARTA, shuttle service, and parking options.
You can download a PDF of the festival map from the website.
You can find more info in general at dogwood.org.
Dogwood Festival hours
- Festival is open noon to 9 p.m.
- Artist Market is open noon till 7 p.m.
- Main Stage VIP Experience 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. (ticketed event; details below)
- Festival is open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Artist Market is open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Main Stage VIP Experience (ticketed event) 4:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Festival and Artist Market are open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
As always, the highlight of the festival is the Artist Market — one of the largest and most diverse juried arts festivals in the country.
More than 200 artists from all over the country will exhibit and sell works in 12 categories, including: glass, clay, wood, paintings, photography, sculpture, metal arts, jewelry, leather, and more.
You can find a complete list of vendors online.
Rest assured, there will be plenty of your favorite festival foods. Bring your ID if you want to enjoy an adult beverage or kick back in the Corona Light Beer Garden.
There are no midway rides at the festival this year. Even so, the kiddos will find plenty to do.
The Kids Village is located on Oak Hill, just inside the 12th Street entrance to Piedmont Park.
Families will find:
- Interactive arts and crafts projects
- Face paiting
- Bubble fun
- Teddy Bear Hospital
- Topplin’ Tots Mobile Play Lounge
- Puppet shows with Peter Hart
Mimosa 5K and Kids’ Mini-Mosa
This 5K run is an annual tradition and a Peachtree Road Race qualifier. It starts on Saturday morning at 8 a.m. The route follows midtown streets before ending up back in the park for a mimosa toast.
Registration for the race covers the $5 suggested donation for festival entry.
There is also a kids’ “Mini-Mosa” run — it’s a 1K event for children age 7 and under.
$40 per person for Mimosa 5K
$20 per person for children’s “Mini-Mosa” 1K
The registration fee includes a t-shirt and a mimosa (ONLY for participants age 21+).
The registration fee is non-refundable. This is a rain or shine event.
Register for the Mimosa 5K or Kid’s Mini-Mosa.
VIP Experiences in 2022
For just $15, you can have access to best seat in the house at the Main Stage VIP Tent.
Your ticket includes:
- Upfront seating at the Coca-Cola Main Stage
- Discounted cash bar
- Private bathrooms in a comfortable trailer
Buy VIP tickets online
Live entertainment at the Dogwood Festival
You can enjoy live music on the Main Stage for FREE — just bring a blanket or low chairs and sit on the lawn.
Also different this year: The cultural events and performances that previously took place on the International Stage will be on the Main Stage. They’re scheduled for afternoons, with the main concerts in the evenings.
The cultural performances include dance traditions from around the world, improv comedy, drumming, and live jazz. You can see the complete schedule for all three days online.
The Main Stage musical performance schedule for 2022
- 4:30 p.m. — Run Katie Run (country)
- 5:30 p.m. — Project Iceworm (psychedelic rock)
- 6:30 p.m. — The Titos (indie rock/pop)
- 7:30 p.m. — ATL School of Burlesque Presents: Midtown Cabaret (cabaret/drag)
- 4:45 p.m. — Russell Cook & The Sweet Teeth (Americana/blues)
- 6:00 p.m. — Wasted Potential Brass Band (funk/soul)
- 7:30 p.m. — Emerald Empire Band (party/dance)
- 2:30 p.m. — School of Rock House Band (teen band)
- 3:45 p.m. — Track Suit Mafia (funk)
- 5:00 p.m. — These Crowded Streets (’90s tribute band)
Each year, the festival highlights the many international communities that make up metro Atlanta, and features both professional and amateur performers from children to adults. Performances include dance, song, martial arts, drumming, and more.
Performances take place on the Main Stage this year, and not on the stage previously located the Lake Clara Meer dock.
It looks like this canine sporting competition, which has been a festival staple for over 20 years, will not be back for 2022.
Getting there and parking
If you don’t want to be towed or ticketed, PLEASE don’t park illegally.
You can pay in advance for guaranteed reserved parking — details here.
But your best bet is to leave the car at home and take MARTA to the festival.
MARTA has an excellent, detailed guide with step-by-step walking directions from the rail stations, as well as the bus routes that get you closer to the park. View it online.
It’s an easy 15 to 20 minute walk to Piedmont Park from either Arts Center Station or Midtown Station. Which station you choose to exit at depends on which side of the festival you want to hit up first (Midtown is closer to the Midway rides, while Arts Center is closer to the Artist Market).
You can park your car for FREE at the following rail stations:
- Sandy Springs
- North Springs
- College Point
- East Point
- West End
TIP: Purchase a Breeze Card in advance if you don’t have one. If you do, add a round trip fare online, so you don’t have to wait at a fare machine. Remember, trains run every 20 minutes on the weekend. The MARTA ON THE GO app can put train schedules in your pocket!
Biking to the festival
In past years, there has been a bike valet on 10th Street near Charles Allen Drive, in the bicycle lane. There is no info about this on the 2022 Dogwood Festival website.
There is NO shuttle in 2022.
You can also take a FREE shuttle from MARTA rail stations to the Dogwood Festival. Catch a shuttle at one of these locations: Arts Center Station — the pickup point is at the Bus Depot, 1255 W. Peachtree St. NW Midtown Station — the pickup point is on Peachtree Place at the rear of the station Shuttle buses will drop you off on Piedmont Aveneue between 13th and 14th Streets. You can pick up the shuttle back to MARTA at the same spot, after your festival visit. The shuttle runs during the following hours: Friday: 11:30 am – 10:30 pm Saturday: 9:30 am – 10:30 pm Sunday: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
Stay in the know! Subscribe to our newsletter.
David Deals says
Hello, I’m ipromooz Thanks for such great work. Interesting post, carry on.