The 4th annual Acworth Dragon Boat Festival will take place on Saturday, August 21st, 2021 at Dallas Landing Park, on Lake Allatoona.
The festival is FREE to attend.
Hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The event features teams of people racing in 46-foot long ornamental dragon boats. If you’d like to form a team and compete, you’ll find registration info online.
Races are a spectator sport, and there will be various cultural activities and plenty of food on site as well.
The colorful boats have the head and tail of a dragon on each end. They are filled with 20 paddlers, a drummer, and team captain. Dragon boat racing is an athletic and cultural phenomenon that originated over 2000 years ago in China. It may become an Olympic sport in the future.
Dallas Landing Park is located at:
5120 Allatoona Drive
Acworth, GA 30101
You may also be interested in:
- The Dragon Con Parade in downtown Atlanta
- The Piedmont Park Arts Festival
- The Summer Shade Festival in Grant Park
- Doggy Con Pageant & Costume Contest in Woodruff Park
- Marietta Art in the Park Festival on Labor Day Weekend
- Atlanta Jazz Festival in Piedmont Park
More upcoming summer events: