Sunday in the Park is Oakland Cemetery’s beloved fall festival. It’s based on the Victorian tradition of spending a leisurely day in the cemetery. It takes place on Sunday, Sept. 24th in 2023.
Hours are noon to 7 p.m.
In the past, Sunday in the Park has been a free event. This year, however, it is being merged with Tunes from the Tombs, which is a ticketed music festival. So in 2023, you’ll need a paid ticket to attend the combined event.
The combined event features:
- live music on 2 stages
- cemetery tours
- food trucks (listed below)
- craft beer and cocktails
- artist market
- Museum Store pop-up shop
Headline acts are Fireside Collective and Jon Stickley Trio.
Local acts include The Aint Sisters and Black Lion Reggae.
Ticket prices for Sunday in the Park / Tunes from the Tombs:
* Advance purchase, adults (12 and over) — $20
* Gate price, adults (12 and over) — $25
* Kids under 12 — FREE
Adult tickets purchased on line have $2 sales tax and a $2.40 ticketing fee tacked on.
Parking is limited around Oakland. If you choose to bike there, you’ll find bike racks at both cemetery gates — just bring a lock.
NOTE: Since this is a permitted event within the city of Atlanta, you may not bring your own food or beverages into the festival.
Entertainment & Activities
- Free tours of the cemetery every half hour starting at 12:30
- Live music at the Sweetwater Beer Garden Stage from 12:30 to 4:00
- Hourly “Living History” performances around the cemetery from 1:00 to 5:30
- Live music starts on the Main Stage at 1:30
- Historical Costume Contest registration at 1:30. Awards given out at 3:45
- Storytelling for kids at 2:00
- Preservation tour led by preservation staff at 3:00
Plus: Face painting, kids’ activities, buskers throughout the cemetery, an artist market, food trucks, and lots more!
More fall fun around Atlanta:
Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Thursday, October 5, 2023
Friday, October 6, 2023
Saturday, October 7, 2023
Sunday, October 8, 2023
Monday, October 9, 2023
Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Thursday, October 12, 2023
Friday, October 13, 2023