Sunday in the Park is Oakland Cemetery’s beloved fall festival. It’s based on the Victorian tradition of spending a leisurely day in the cemetery. It takes place on Sunday, Sept. 25th in 2022.
Hours are noon to 7 p.m.
In the past, Sunday in the Park has been a free event. This year, however, it is being merged with Tunes from the Tombs, which is a ticketed music festival. So in 2022, you’ll need a paid ticket to attend the combined event.
The combined event features:
- live music on 2 stages (see schedule below)
- cemetery tours
- food trucks (listed below)
- craft beer and cocktails
- artist market
- Museum Store pop-up shop
Ticket prices for Sunday in the Park / Tunes from the Tombs:
* Advance purchase, adults (12 and over) — $20
* Gate price, adults (12 and over) — $25
* Kids under 12 — FREE
Adult tickets purchased on line have $2 sales tax and a $2.40 ticketing fee tacked on.
Parking is limited around Oakland. If you choose to bike there, you’ll find bike racks at both cemetery gates — just bring a lock.
NOTE: Since this is a permitted event within the city of Atlanta, you may not bring your own food or beverages into the festival.
The Queso Truck
Entertainment & Activities
- Free tours of the cemetery every half hour starting at 12:30
- Live music at the Sweetwater Beer Garden Stage from 12:30 to 4:00
- Hourly “Living History” performances around the cemetery from 1:00 to 5:30
- Live music starts on the Main Stage at 1:30
- Historical Costume Contest registration at 1:30. Awards given out at 3:45
- Storytelling for kids at 2:00
- Preservation tour led by preservation staff at 3:00
Plus: Face painting, kids’ activities, buskers throughout the cemetery, an artist market, food trucks, and lots more!
You may also be interested in:
- The North Georgia State Fair: daily deals & discounts
- Atlanta Greek Festival is back in 2022!
- Best corn mazes and pumpkin patches to visit this fall
- The Atlanta Fair returns to Turner Field
- Complete guide to 2022 fall festivals
- The Georgia State Fair returns to Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Apple Festivals and pick-your-own orchards
More fall fun around Atlanta:
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
Thursday, September 29, 2022
Friday, September 30, 2022
Saturday, October 1, 2022
Sunday, October 2, 2022
Monday, October 3, 2022
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Wednesday, October 5, 2022
Thursday, October 6, 2022