The High Museum of Art is currently offering FREE Second Sundays and Museums on Us admission days with a limited capacity. This means you’ll have to reserve your spot in advance, online.
The next Second Sunday FREE day is Valentine’s Day 2021 — the ultimate cheap date!
The High Museum of Art is one of Atlanta’s most popular attractions. It has more than 15,000 works of art in its permanent collection, and sponsors special exhibits several times a year. With so many reasons to visit often, Atlantans are always looking for admission deals, coupon codes, and ticket discounts for the High Museum.
This page will keep track of all the current discounts available, so be sure to bookmark it and visit often.
You could also subscribe to our daily newsletter for reminders of all upcoming free days and discounts.
NEW! Get a Museum Pass for just $4 a month
If you love going to the High, this is a deal that you just can’t beat.
You can purchase the new Museum Pass for just $4 a month, with a 12-month commitment — or pay $48 all at once, if you choose.
The digital pass gives you unlimited FREE admission to the museum’s permanent collection and most special exhibits. It also includes FREE access to daytime programs like Toddler Thursdays as well.
Note that the pass does NOT give you free access to evening events like First Fridays.
If you sign up for the $4/monthly plan, you must agree to have $4 debited from your account automatically for the next 12 months. After that, you are free to continue monthly or cancel at any time. Be sure to view the enrollment agreement and read the FAQs before you sign up.
This is even cheaper than the $83 individual membership — although a membership comes with other perks, like free parking, discount at the Museum Store, and access to special events.
Free admission on Second Sundays
On Second Sundays of each month at The High Museum of Art, museum admission is free from noon until 5:00 p.m.
UPDATE: You now need to reserve a timed ticket to participate in this free admission day. The number of visitors is limited, and there will be no special programming. No walk-ups will be admitted on Second Sundays. One capacity is reached, tickets will no longer be available.
The next Second Sunday FREE day is February 14th, 2021 — VALENTINE’S DAY!
From the High website:
- No person will be admitted without a reserved timed ticket.
- Each ticket holder will be required to arrive by their designated time slot.
- No person(s) will be admitted after a 10-minute window has passed. There will be no exceptions.
- No walk-ups are permitted on Second Sundays.
Free admission through the Museums on Us program
That credit or debit card in your wallet just might gain you FREE admission to the High Museum of Art once a month, through the Museums On Us program.
The next free days through Museums on Us are November 7th and 8th. Please verify the status of the event before you head out!
The qualifying cards include credit/debit cards from Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, and U.S. Trust.
Note that only the cardholder gets a free ticket. If you’re taking your family, regular prices apply to non-cardholders. The program also excludes special events, special exhibitions, and ticketed shows.
This is how it works:
- Go to the High’s ticketing page to reserve your time slot on a free Museums on Us day.
- Use the promo code BOA2020 to redeem the free ticket offer. You’ll also be able to buy regular-price tickets for anyone coming with you.
- Take your qualifying Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit card AND a photo ID to the museum with you for free entrance.
You may also be interested in:
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter and stay in the know!
- Metro Atlanta area Farmers Markets, listed by day of the week
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Local daily deals from Groupon
- Atlanta on the Cheap events calendar
Free Teacher Appreciation Days
The next FREE Teacher Appreciation Day is Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Educators are admitted free and may bring one free guest. School ID required.
More for your buck on First Fridays
NOTE: The First Friday program appears to have been suspended, possibly for the rest of 2020.
The popular First Fridays program doesn’t discount admission prices — instead, it adds MORE to what you get for the price of a ticket, to sweeten the deal. This event happens on the first Friday of each month, from 6 to 9 p.m. There is generally a limited cash bar, live music performances, gallery talks, and special activities or workshops that follow a monthly theme.
To see the special programming planned for the current First Friday event, check the High Museum’s Facebook events page.
The High Museum of Art is located at 1280 Peachtree St., in the heart of Atlanta’s busy Midtown area. If you drive, you can park in the attached parking deck, but it is pricey — usually a minimum of $15.
Considering the cost of parking, it often makes sense to take Uber or Lyft to get to the High Museum.
There’s also MARTA. With the Arts Center Station right across the street from the back of the Woodruff Arts Center campus, this is one of the simpler venues to get to on the train.
Directions with MARTA
- Take any red and gold line train to the Arts Center MARTA station.
- Exit the train and follow the signs pointing to Arts Center Way, which requires going up three levels (avoid exiting via West Peachtree Street).
- Once you’ve reached street level, the High is just across the street. You’ll find a stairway and elevator that lead directly to the courtyard.
Note: If you are commuting from the blue or green line, you have to travel to the Five Points MARTA station and transfer to the first northbound train.
Atlanta, GA 30309
Atlanta, GA 30309
Atlanta, GA 30309