The 44th annual Atlanta Film Festival was originally scheduled to take place in the spring, but was postponed like everything else. Now it’s back for September, in a new format that includes both virtual and drive-in movies.
According to the press release, the Atlanta Film Festival is one of only two dozen Academy Award-qualifying events in the country. It showcases over 200 films, selected from more than 8,400 submissions, over an eleven day event each year.
This year’s events take place from Thursday, September 17th to Sunday, September 27th, 2020.
A total of 148 selected works were chosen from a record-breaking 8,500+ submissions.
The shift to drive-in and virtual events will include audiences in Atlanta and beyond. There are 15 narrative and 10 documentary features, plus 12 short film and creative media blocks that will screen at drive-in events.
In addition to the drive-in screenings, the festival will host virtual screenings and educational events throughout the 11-day festival. Over 120 films will play virtually. Virtual films are available for pre-order now, for $9.99
The 36 drive-in screenings will take place across three venues during each night of the festival:
- Pullman Yard (225 Rogers St NE, Atlanta, GA 30317)
- The Plaza Theatre (1049 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30306)
- Dad’s Garage (569 Ezzard St SE, Atlanta, GA 30312)
If you plan to attend multiple events, buying a festival badge can save you money overall.
The Atlanta Film Festival mobile app for Apple and Android helps you navigate the events.
You may also be interested in:
- 10 theaters offering $1 movies with Regal Summer Express
- 12+ FREE streaming services for movies and TV shows
- Stream the Hamilton movie with original Broadway cast for $7
- 2021 guide to free and cheap outdoor movies
- $5 Friday night movies at SCADshow