UPDATED on 6/2/2020 — The $5 movies seem to be continuing, starting with the June film, which is Mary Poppins. We did not find a statement about health and safety precautions, although tickets are on sale.
Remember, just because something is happening doesn’t mean you have to go. Be safe!
Looking for cheap movies in Atlanta? Here’s a little known secret for those of you who prefer to see a film on the big screen: SCADshow has $5 movies on many Friday nights.
The SCADshow film program brings back some of your old favorites. The 2020 lineup features everything from a romantic comedy for Valentine’s Day to Hitchcock classics and ’70s thrillers.
SCADShow is a performing arts theater in midtown Atlanta, owned by the Savannah College of Art and design.
It is located at 173 14th Street, across from the W Hotel.
You can buy movie tickets online for $5, with no added fees.
You may also be interested in:
- 12+ FREE streaming services for movies and TV shows
- Stream the Hamilton movie with original Broadway cast for $7
- 2020 guide to free and cheap outdoor movies
- Regal Cinemas hosts $5 Flashback Features
- $5 Friday night movies at SCADshow
- AMC Theatres reopen with tickets just $3 to $5
Getting There and Parking
If you park at the Campanile Parking Garage, SCADshow will validate your parking ticket to give you a $9 flat rate.
The Campanile is located at 1155 Juniper Street, just around the corner from the SCADshow.
Alternatively, you can take MARTA to the theater. If you exit at Arts Center Station, it’s a ten-minute walk (one half mile).
- Take any red or gold line train to the Arts Center station
- Follow the signs to the West Peachtree Street exit to leave the station.
- Turn left on West Peachtree then an immediate left on 15th Street.
- Walk up the hill to Peachtree Street and turn right.
- Walk one more block to 14th Street and turn left. The playhouse will be on the right, across from the W Hotel Atlanta Midtown.
SCADshow’s $5 film schedule for 2020
Friday nights at 7:00 p.m.
January 31 — All the President’s Men February 7 — Erin Brockovitch February 14 — Singin’ in the Rain March 13 — The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly April 10 — 2001: A Space Odyssey
May 8 — Casablanca
June 12 — Mary Poppins July 10 — Jaws
August 14 — 12 Angry Men
September 11 — Rebel Without a Cause
October 9 — The Birds November 13 — Roman Holiday
December 11 — Citizen Kane
Looking for more free-or-cheap fun around Atlanta?
Check out these events!