Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates, follow @atlcheap on Twitter, like Atlanta on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
During the Pumpkin festival, you can go on a Trick-or-Treat Scavenger Hunt, join Spookley the Square Pumpkin for a Dance-A-Long Party Parade, compete in a pie-eating contest, get creative with crafts at the Great Pumpkin Junction, & more.
Want to head out on the cheap? Take advantage of one of these deals:
- As always, if you’re planning to go more than once (and there’s so much to do, you’ll probably need to), buy the Mountain Membership, a.k.a. the season pass. In addition to unlimited admission, Mountain Members save on tickets to Snow Mountain & Ride the Ducks, get an extra discount on a parking pass, & more. Even better: The Mountain Members PLUS pass includes tickets to Snow Mountain & Ride the Ducks, annual parking, & other perks.
- While they last, $25 buys one adventure pass to the Pumpkin Festival at Stone Mountain Park, thanks to a deal on Groupon.
- If you wear a costume during one of the Pumpkin Festival’s themed weekends, you’ll save $10 on an Adventure Pass. Themes include Villains (10/7-10/9), Books, TV, & Movies (10/14/-10/16), Sports (10/21-10/23), & Heroes (10/28-10/30).
- For a limited time, you can take advantage of a Sunset Adventure Pass + Terrace deal, which includes Adventure Pass admission after 4:00 p.m., a Lasershow terrace seat, & popcorn and a soda. The deal is available online only, and it’s $22.95 per person.
- For a limited time, you can take advantage of an Adventure Pass Meal Deal & get a free meal & unlimited drink refills with the purchase of an Adventure Pass. The deal is available online only, and it’s $31.95 for adults & $25.95 for children ages 3-11. Or you can skip the meal & take advantage of an “Everyone Pays Kids Price” deal and get your Adventure Passes for $25.95 each.
- Thanks to an offer from Gas South, you can save up to 25% on an Adventure Pass, Mountain Member pass, or Mountain Member Plus pass to Stone Mountain Park.
- Active or retired military, disabled veterans, and military reservists, spouses and dependents save up to 30% on an Adventure pass to Stone Mountain Park; valid military personnel IDs and dependent IDs must be presented to get the deal.
While you’re at Stone Mountain Park, save time to take A Tour of Southern Ghosts, which takes place on Thursdays through Sundays from October 14-30, 2016. During the 45-minute tour, you’ll hear tales of famous (and not-so-famous) southern ghosts as you meander along the lantern-lit paths of the Antebellum Plantation grounds.
Admission to A Tour of Southern Ghosts is not included with your Pumpkin Festival Adventure Pass, but it’s relatively cheap to add it on: Same-day tickets to A Tour of Southern Ghosts are $17 for adults & $8 for children (age 12 & under).
That said, you can go on the cheap:
- While they last, $8.50+fees buys one ticket to A Tour of Southern Ghosts at Stone Mountain Park, thanks to a deal on Goldstar.
- If you order tickets in advance online or pick them up at the ART Station in Stone Mountain Village, you can get adult tickets for $12 each.
- And on Children’s Group Nights, tickets are $4 per child with a group of 10+; the deal is valid on October 16, 23, & 30, 2016.
A note about parking: If you walk or ride a bike to Stone Mountain Park, there’s no parking fee. Otherwise, it’s $15. If you must drive & aren’t opting to buy a Mountain Member or Mountain Member PLUS pass, spring for the $40 annual permit if you plan to visit multiple times to take advantage of free special events or the park’s free outdoor activities and laser show.
Stone Mountain Park is located at 1000 Robert E. Lee Dr., Stone Mountain. Technically, the main entrance is located at U.S. Highway 78 East, Exit 8, Stone Mountain, but online mapping programs often don’t like the address.