Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer will be at the Center for Puppetry Arts from November 7-December 31, 2017.
I’ve seen Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer twice, and it’s a cute production. The puppets are based on the classic TV special, and the Center for Puppetry Arts did an excellent job of making Rudolph & the rest of the misfit crew look just like the screen version. In the past, my girls have put together Rudolph & Hermey shadow puppets during the Create-A-Puppet workshop (included with show admission), and they’re always an instant hit in our home. This year, you’ll be making a King Moonracer rod puppet.
While you’re at the Center for Puppetry Arts, you can check out the World of Puppetry Museum, which features the Jim Henson Collection as well as The Global Collection, showcasing puppets from around the world. Not only will you see awesome puppets (they have Fraggle Rock, Muppets, Sesame Street, Dark Crystal, & Labyrinth characters, to name a few, all of which makes me happy!), but the new museum includes interactive spaces where you can try your hand at puppetry.
Want to see Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on the cheap? Just interested in checking out the World of Puppetry Museum? You have options:
- While they last, you can get discounts tickets to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, thanks to a deal on Goldstar. As of today (November 7), discount tickets are available for performances on November 9, 2017.
- For preview performances on Wednesday, November 8, 2017, tickets to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer are $11.25 each for nonmembers & $6.75 for members, no coupon code required.
- Tickets to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer are regularly $19.50-$35 each for nonmembers, but members can get tickets for $9.75-$22.50 each. After the preview performances, you’ll get the best deal if you head out for performances on November 9-12, 2017. The next best price level for most tickets is available from November 14-22 & December 27-31, 2017. Your ticket includes admission to the show, the Create-A-Puppet workshop, & admission to the puppetry museum.
- Through December 31, 2017, if you check out the Georgia Public Libraries’ Passport to Puppetry at participating Georgia public libraries, you’ll get 25% off of tickets to a Family Series performance (includes show ticket, Create-A-Puppet workshop, & museum admission); limit four discount tickets per passport.
- If you’re only planning to visit the World of Puppetry Museum, admission is free for members & $12.50 for nonmembers. Tickets are timed for museum admission, and everyone must procure a ticket to tour the museum (for members, “procure a ticket” = make a free reservation for timed entry). While you’re there, you can add on a Create-a-Puppet workshop ($4.50 for members & $6.50 for nonmembers); to-go kits are available.
The Center for Puppetry Arts is located at 1404 Spring St. NW at 18th St., Atlanta.