Darn, this deal has expired.Don’t miss another. Subscribe to email updates, follow @atlcheap on Twitter, like Atlanta on the Cheap on Facebook, or follow us on Google+. And be sure check the calendar for the latest deals.
I’ve seen Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer twice, and it’s a cute production. The puppets are based on the classic TV special, and the Center for Puppetry Arts did an excellent job of making Rudolph & the rest of the misfit crew look just like the screen version. In the past, my girls have put together a Rudolph & Hermey shadow puppets during the Create-A-Puppet workshop (included with show admission), and they’re always an instant hit in our home. This year, you’ll be making a Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster hand puppet.
While you’re at the Center for Puppetry Arts, you can check out the World of Puppetry Museum, which features the Jim Henson Collection as well as The Global Collection, showcasing puppets from around the world. Not only will you see awesome puppets (they have Fraggle Rock, Muppets, Sesame Street, Dark Crystal, & Labyrinth characters, to name a few, all of which makes me happy!), but the new museum includes interactive spaces where you can try your hand at puppetry.
Want to see Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer on the cheap? Just interested in checking out the World of Puppetry Museum? You have options:
- While they last, you can get discount tickets to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, thanks to a deal on Goldstar. As of today (November 3), discount tickets are available for performances on November 12 & 13, 2016.
- Tickets to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer are regularly $20.50-$24.50 each for nonmembers, but members can get tickets for $10.25-$14.25 each; you’ll get the best deal if you head out on a weekday. Your ticket includes admission to the show, the Create-A-Puppet workshop, & admission to the puppetry museum.
- On Wednesday, November 9, 2016, you can snag tickets to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer for $6.75 each, no coupon code required.
- Through December 31, 2016, if you check out the Georgia Public Libraries’ Passport to Puppetry at participating Georgia public libraries, you’ll get 25% off of tickets to a Family Series performance (includes show ticket, Create-A-Puppet workshop, & museum admission); limit four discount tickets per passport.
- If you’re only planning to visit the World of Puppetry Museum, admission is free for members & $10.50 for nonmembers. Tickets are timed for museum admission, and everyone must procure a ticket to tour the museum (for members, “procure a ticket” = make a free reservation for timed entry). While you’re there, you can add on a Create-a-Puppet workshop ($4.50 for members & $6.50 for nonmembers); to-go kits are available.
The Center for Puppetry Arts is located at 1404 Spring St. NW at 18th St., Atlanta.