National Avocado Day is Friday, July 31st, 2020. Don’t confuse this with National Guacamole Day, which will take place on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020.
On National Avocado Day we celebrate all things avocado, whether in the form of guacamole, or on toast, on a sandwich, or eaten plain just with a little bit of salt.
Here are some special deals to help you celebrate National Avocado Day.
Make sure to scroll down for some fun facts about avocados, as well as more upcoming food and drink events and deals from Atlanta on the Cheap.
Please keep in mind that participation might vary by location.
You may also be interested in:
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter and stay in the know!
- Metro Atlanta area Farmers Markets, listed by day of the week
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Local daily deals from Groupon
- Atlanta on the Cheap events calendar
Join Chipotle’s Rewards program by July 30 and use online ordering or order through the app to receive FREE guac, only on July 31, 2020.
Customers at Quizno’s will receive free guacamole on any sub purchase on July 31st, 2020. This information was sent to us in a press release.
Aldi is offering Haas Avocados for 59 cents each, through August 4th, 2020
Just a reminder that Qdoba offers FREE guacamole every day of the year. Yep, you can add it to your entree without an extra charge!
Fun Facts about Avocados
We learned these fun facts from California Avocados.
- To speed up the ripening process, put the avocado in a paper bag and store it at room temperature
- It’ll ripen quicker if you put an apple or a kiwi in the bag
- You can store ripe avocados in the refrigerator for two or three days as long as you didn’t cut them
- If you did cut the avocado, sprinkle it with lemon juice, lime juice or white vinegar, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then refrigerate it
- You can make a face mask (the kind of moisturizing your skin, not the kind we’re all wearing now) from an avocado, mayonnaise, a lemon and some tea. Look at the recipe here.
Stay in the know! Subscribe to our newsletter.
More food and drink deals:
Friday, September 18, 2020
Saturday, September 19, 2020
Monday, September 21, 2020
Tuesday, September 22, 2020