There are a series of safe disposal events coming up in October for residents of Cobb County.
They are all FREE, and are listed below.
Cobb Medication Take Back event
If you have unused or expired medicines, please don’t flush them or throw in the trash.
You can safely dispose of them on Saturday, October 24th, from 10 a.m to 2 p.m.
There are two locations for the medication collections:
- Precinct One, 2380 Cobb Parkway NW, Kennesaw
- C. Freeman Pool Senior Center, 4025 South Hurt Road NW, Smyrna
You don’t have to empty pill bottles or remove prescription labels if you don’t want to. But if you prefer not to hand in the bottles, you can empty the pills into a sandwich bag.
If you have pills in blister packs, you must remove them from the packaging before dropping them off.
- over-the-counter liquids and pills
- ointments and creams
- medication or nicotine patches
- vials of injectable drugs
- pet medications
Items not accepted:
- needles or other sharps
- pills in blister packs
- durable medical equipment (CPAP, nebulizers, etc.)
- illegal drugs
- aerosol cans
- bio-hazardous materials (anything containing body fluid or blood)
- mercury thermometers (see the hazardous waste collection event below)
- personal care products (shampoo, soaps, lotions, sunscreens, etc.)
- household hazardous waste (paint, pesticides, oil, gas, etc. — see the appropriate event below)
You may also be interested in:
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter and stay in the know!
- Metro Atlanta area Farmers Markets, listed by day of the week
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Local daily deals from Groupon
- Atlanta on the Cheap events calendar
Cobb hazardous household waste collection event
Cobb residents can safely dispose of household hazardous waste at a FREE collection event on Saturday, October 31st from 9 a.m. to noon.
The event will take place at 2435 East-West Connector in Austell.
It’s a drive-thru event and you’ll remain in your vehicle during the collection process. Staff will remove your items from your car or truck. Be prepared to leave all containers, bags, and boxes behind.
No commercial vehicles or waste from businesses.
There is a limit of 10 gallons of paint per vehicle.
You can view a full list of accepted items here.
Items accepted include mercury, aerosols, batteries, flammables, photo chemicals, lawn care products, light bulbs, paint products, swimming pool chemicals, pesticides, cleaners, antifreeze and used motor oil. Items not accepted include ammunition, pharmaceuticals, agricultural waste, radioactive materials, bio-hazardous waste and biomedical waste.
You must pre-register online, and you’ll be given a recommended arrival time.