How to get FREE at-home Covid-19 self-testing kits in Georgia
At home, do-it-yourself testing kits for Covid-19 have become both convenient and necessary for many people, for many reasons. And with Covid surging again, the U.S. government is once again offering FREE tests to anyone who wants them.
You don’t need health insurance, or to supply a credit card number for this offer. The tests will be delivered by mail to your home.
Starting Monday, November 27th, 2023, every household in the U.S. can order four more FREE at-home COVID-19 test kits, online at covidtests.gov. This is in addition to any tests your ordered for free earlier in the year.
This time, the offer is for just 4 tests instead of 8.
But it can save you as much as $35 if you don’t have to buy tests.
There is no shipping fee.
Tests are courtesy of the federal government and will be sent first-class mail via the U.S. Postal Service.
To get your complimentary kits, log onto COVIDTests.gov and simply enter your name and address. Tests are expected to ship within 7 to 12 days of the order date, according to the website.
Tests are limited to four per household, regardless of how many people you have living in your home.
Whether you need a test right now or not, it’s probably a good idea to order them now. You can keep the tests on hand until you have a need for a rapid test.
According to the website, the tests will begin shipping right away.
Before you throw away those expired tests…
The Food and Drug Administration has extended the shelf life for many brands of Covid-19 tests.
Before you throw out expired tests, you might want to check the status on the FDA.gov website. Just go here and scroll down to the table of test brands — then look at the last column for info on which lot numbers are still good.
When should you test?
These are only suggestions as to when you may want to take a home Covid test.
- If you begin having COVID-19 symptoms, like fever, sore throat, runny nose or loss of taste or smell.
- At least five days after you’ve been exposed to someone who tests positive for Covid
- Before you attend a gathering that will put you in close contact with others, particularly if the group includes someone elderly or immune-suppressed.
You may also be interested in:
- Subscribe to our daily newsletter and stay in the know!
- Metro Atlanta area Farmers Markets, listed by day of the week
- Free and cheap things to do this week
- Local daily deals from Groupon
- Atlanta on the Cheap events calendar
Browse these upcoming events:
Friday, December 8, 2023
Saturday, December 9, 2023
Sunday, December 10, 2023
Monday, December 11, 2023
Tuesday, December 12, 2023