Canceled for 2020
CLICK HERE For the 2020 list of July 4th activities.
The info below the line is from last year and is not current.
The Fourth of July celebration at Centennial Olympic Park in downtown Atlanta is said to be the biggest fireworks show in the Southeast. The celebration is FREE to attend.
The park gates will open at 7 p.m. on July 4th. Deejay Yvonne Monet will start spinning the tunes around 7:30 p.m., and the fireworks are set for 9:45 p.m.
Centennial Olympic Park is located at 265 Park Ave in Atlanta.
Photo courtesy of the Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA)
Food trucks scheduled for the event include:
- ANGELFIRE7 BBQ
- Atlanta Seafood Company
- Big C’s Chicago Kitchen
- Coach Joe’s Food Truck
- Flatbread Bistro
- Not As Famous Cookie Company
- Uptown Food Truck
Getting there on MARTA
Riding a MARTA train to Centennial Olympic Park is the simplest option. No matter where you live, you can get there without transferring trains, because the park is right on both the North-South (red/gold) Line and the East-West (blue/green) Line.
If you’re taking the Red or Gold line downtown, get off at Peachtree Center Station.
If you’re taking the Blue or Green line downtown, get off at Georgia World Congress Center (GWCC) Station.
Both of these rail stations are less than a 10-minute walk from Centennial Olympic Park.
The Atlanta Streetcar also stops next to the park.
We recommend the MARTA on the Go app, because you can view timetables for the trains.
Peachtree Center Station directions
- After getting off the train, follow signs to the John Portman exit.
- Exit the fare gates and look for the Peachtree Street West escalator.
- At street level, turn right on Peachtree Street.
- At the first intersection turn right again (west) to walk down Andrew Young International Blvd. to reach the center of the park near the fountains (see map).
GWCC Station directions
- Follow the signs pointing to State Farm Arena to exit the station.
- Go up the tall escalators and turn right at street level for stairs up to Centennial Olympic Park Drive. (Or turn left for a ramp).
- Walk down Centennial Olympic Park Drive to reach the park (about a block away). State Farm Arena will be on your left.
Parking will be available during the Fourth of July Celebration. The recommended decks are the Red Deck (adjacent to the Georgia World Congress Center) and the Green Deck (connected to the College Football Hall of Fame).
You can pre-purchase parking online for $5 or pay on-site the day of the event for $10.