Now’s the time to explore Fernbank Museum of Natural History on the cheap: While they last, you can get discount tickets to Fernbank, no coupon code required.
As always, you can check out the dinosaurs, investigate the natural world via hands-on activities and live animals in Fernbank NatureQuest, learn about Georgia’s natural history, & more during your visit to Fernbank Museum of Natural History.
And it’s an excellent time to explore WildWoods, an outdoor experience that includes everything from vantage points high in the trees to ground trails and a wetland. I wish I still had little ones, as they’d love the Nature Stories playground (pictured above) & a Sensory Wall that they’re actually allowed to touch. But even my older kids & I still have plenty to do in WildWoods, from checking out the ever-changing art exhibitions to walking the trails to playing an oversized game of tic-tac-toe or checkers as part of the Games in the Gallery exhibition, on view through September 3, 2018.
Movie fans are in luck: The IMAX theatre has been renovated. Now known as the Giant Screen theatre, it features state-of-the-art 4K digital projection with both 2D and 3D capabilities on a new screen, plus new seats, floors, & sound system.
Admission to the exhibitions is free for members, $20 for adults, $19 for seniors (age 65+), & $18 for children (ages 3-12). Don’t have a membership? You can save a bit on admission to Fernbank Museum of Natural History with these deals:
- While they last, $30 buys two tickets to Fernbank Museum of Natural History & a $20 gift card to Fifth Group Restaurants (La Tavola, The Original El Taco, South City Kitchen, Lure, & more), thanks to a deal on PoshDealz.
- While the Summer Savings deal lasts, you add a Giant Screen ticket to your museum admission ticket purchase for only $5.
- With the Super Value and Value Pass Combo deals, you’ll save up to $11 on same-day museum admission & Giant Screen tickets.
- On Tuesdays, seniors with ID (age 65+) will save an extra $1 off the already reduced senior ticket prices for the museum & Giant Screen tickets.
- Active military personnel and dependents will receive $2 off tickets to Fernbank Museum of Natural History or 10% off a family membership when you present a valid military ID at the ticket counter; limit 6 tickets.
- Want to visit multiple attractions in Atlanta? Take advantage of the Atlanta CityPASS to save about 40% on admission to five Atlanta-area attractions. The Atlanta CityPASS covers admission to The Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coca-Cola, the Inside CNN Studio Tour, Zoo Atlanta OR the Center for Civil & Human Rights, and Fernbank Museum of Natural History OR the College Football Hall of Fame. It’s valid for nine days, and if you plan it right, you’ll have two full weekends + the weekdays in between to get to all of the attractions.
Bonus: From 6:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 28, & Sunday, August 19, adults age 21+ can head out for a Summer Block Party at the Fernbank Museum of Natural History. You’ll get evening access to WildWoods, adults-only access to the museum’s exhibits, admission to a 20-minute version of Oceans: Our Blue Planet 3D, & more. Tickets are $34 each, and it includes general event admission, access to the indoor & outdoor exhibits, Giant Screen movie admission, & a drink ticket.
Fernbank Museum of Natural History is located at 767 Clifton Rd. NE, Atlanta.