You can celebrate the Fourth of July as many times as you want in 2023 — because Stone Mountain is putting on the exact same show for five nights in a row.
Every evening from July 1st through July 5th, the new Music Across America Light Show will begin at dark (around 9:30) and will be followed by the same spectacular fireworks finale each night of the celebration.
Stone Mountain’s firework display includes lasers, drones, flame cannons, and a giant Catherine Wheel — a type of firework that not only creates sparks and flame, but rotates rapidly for a spectacular display up to 50 feet in diameter. See the video below for highlights.
NOTE that the light show and fireworks are not free this year.
You must purchase either an Attractions Pass or a standalone ticket to the show.
Single light show tickets are $5 for anyone age 3 and older.
There is currently a half-price deal running on Attractions Passses — SEE BELOW.
More info on the new light show here
As always, you’ll pay $20 for a daily parking pass to Stone Mountain Park. (Often it’s worth it to pay $40 for the annual parking pass. The annual pass runs for 12 months, starting with the month you made the purchase.)
You can expect large crowds on the actual Fourth holiday, so on that day you may want to come to Stone Mountain Park early and spend most of the day. Gate access may be denied when the lots are full.
Get an Attractions Pass for just $20
For a limited time, you can take advantage of a Groupon deal. You can get each pass for $19.99.
This is an exceptionally good deal–it includes dates through August, and the Fantastic Fourth celebration dates are included (they were blacked out last year).
This tells us that attendance at Stone Mountain Park may have dwindled, and the deal is to lure you back.
There are no extra ticketing fees with a Groupon deal. And if you sign up for and activate Ebates to buy the deal, you’ll get an extra 6% cash back at the end of the next quarter.
As always, you have a limited time to buy this deal, so act quickly — and remember to read the fine print!
Other discounts for the Attractions Pass
This 30% discount on the Attractions pass brings the price down to $24.95. It requires a 24-hour advance purchase, and your credentials are verified online.
According to the website, the discount is offered to:
* First Responders (police officers, sheriffs, state troopers, corrections officers, federal officers, firefighters (career & volunteer), EMT, paramedics, 911 dispatchers).
* Military (active duty, reserves, veterans, national guard, retirees)
* Healthcare Professionals (doctors, nurses, hospital workers)
More info here
Deals that include all attractions let you enjoy these options:
- Summit Skyride – Ride a cable car more than 825 feet up to the top of Stone Mountain.
- MEGABUGS!– New for 2019, this exhibit features 70 larger-than-life insects in a woodland.
- Dinotorium – Four levels of indoor fun, games, and scientific wonder.
- Scenic Railroad – A lively five-mile excursion around the mountain.
- 4-D Theater – Now showing “Ice Age: No Time For Nuts”
- Camp Highland Outpost – Rock walls to climb, plus a low ropes course.
- Geyser Towers® – Play in the spray or stay dry in the suspended rope bridges and net tunnels. Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Adventure Golf – Putter around on a miniature golf course.
- Historic Square – Take a self-guided tour of some original Georgian buildings.
- Farmyard – Watch trained goats do tricks and pet the animals.
- Stone Mountain Museum – Stop by for a lesson in all things “Stone Mountain”
More Fourth of July activities around metro Atlanta:
Stone Mountain Park