You can celebrate the Fourth of July as many times as you want — because Stone Mountain is putting on the exact same show for seven nights in a row.
Every evening from July 1st through July 7th, the Lasershow will begin at dusk and will be followed by the same spectacular fireworks finale each night of the celebration.
Stone Mountain’s firework display includes lasers, drones, flame cannons, and a giant Catherine Wheel — a type of firework that not only creates sparks and flame, but rotates rapidly for a spectacular display up to 50 feet in diameter. See the video below for highlights.
Bring a blanket or chairs and sit on the lawn. As always, the Lasershow and fireworks are FREE, but you’ll pay $20 for a daily parking pass to Stone Mountain Park. (Often it’s worth it to pay $40 for the annual parking pass. The annual pass runs for 12 months, starting with the month you made the purchase.)
You can expect large crowds on the actual Fourth holiday, so on that day you may want to come to Stone Mountain Park early and spend most of the day.
Also, reserved snack terrace seating for the Laseshow is NOT available on the actual Fourth — but you can purchase this option on the other days of the celebration. The various meal options with reserved seating run anywhere from $10 to $29, depending on the day of the week and the meal chosen.
There are plenty of attractions and things to do at Stone Mountain these days, and many of them come with a substantial price tag. If you plan to do a lot, you can buy an All-Attraction Pass — see the Groupon deal below, for the best price we’ve seen on the passes.
Watch a preview of the fireworks display
The Groupon deal: All-Attraction Pass for just $25
For a limited time, you can take advantage of a Groupon deal. You can get one pass for $25, two for $49, or four for $96.
There are no extra ticketing fees with a Groupon deal. And if you sign up for and activate Ebates to buy the deal, you’ll get an extra 6% cash back at the end of the next quarter.
As always, you have a limited time to buy this deal, so act quickly — and remember to read the fine print!
Other discounts for the pass
Online purchase discount: If you missed out on the Groupon, you can buy your All-Attractions Pass online and save $3 on adult tickets. The online price is $31.95, compared to $34.95 at the gate. Kids’ passes are $29.95 whether you purchase online or at the park.
Military discount: This 30% discount on the All-Attraction pass brings the price down to $24.95. You must buy in person at the ticket plaza; it’s not available for advance purchase online. According to Stone Mountain’s website, the discount applies to “all active duty, veterans, and retired military personnel, spouses and dependents when valid military personnel IDs and dependent IDs are presented.”
Deals that include all attractions let you enjoy these options:
- Summit Skyride – Ride a cable car more than 825 feet up to the top of Stone Mountain.
- MEGABUGS!– New for 2019, this exhibit features 70 larger-than-life insects in a woodland.
- Dinotorium – Four levels of indoor fun, games, and scientific wonder.
- Scenic Railroad – A lively five-mile excursion around the mountain.
- 4-D Theater – Now showing “Ice Age: No Time For Nuts”
- SkyHike® – A quarter-mile course on suspended wooden bridges. Closed-toe shoes are required. Participants must be 44″ tall.
- Camp Highland Outpost – Rock walls to climb, plus a low ropes course.
- Geyser Towers® – Play in the spray or stay dry in the suspended rope bridges and net tunnels. Closed-toe shoes are required.
- Adventure Golf – Putter around on a miniature golf course.
- Historic Square – Take a self-guided tour of some original Georgian buildings.
- Farmyard – Watch trained goats do tricks and pet the animals.
- Stone Mountain Museum – Stop by for a lesson in all things “Stone Mountain”
More Fourth of July activities around Atlanta: