Dolly Parton announced on her Facebook page that she will begin reading stories for children, every Thursday night at 7 p.m.
The story time event begins on Thursday, April 2nd and is scheduled for the next 10 weeks, through June 4th.
The events will take place through Facebook Live. You can see the schedule and watch Dolly’s video announcement on Facebook as well.
Dolly will read the stories while snuggled in her own bed, wearing pajamas. The books have all been chosen carefully for content that is appropriate for the times.
The books include:
- “There’s a Hole in the Log on the Bottom of the Lake” by Loren Long
- “Llama Llama Red Pajama” by Anna Dewdney
- “I Am a Rainbow” by Dolly Parton
- “Pass It On” by Sophy Henn
- “Stand Tall, Molly Lou Mellon” by Patty Lovell
- “Violet the Pilot” by Steve Breen
- “Max & The Tag-Along Moon” by Floyd Cooper
- “Last Stop on Market Street” by Matt de la Peña
- “Coat of Many Colors” by Dolly Parton
- “The Little Engine That Could” by Watty Piper.
You may also be interested in:
- 12+ FREE streaming services for movies, TV shows, sports, and audio books
- Virtual events for kids: puppet shows, story times, zoo safaris, and more
- Order groceries online: a comparison of the delivery services
- Get home delivery of meat and fish through this local restaurant supplier
- 6 tips for telecommuting if you’re not used to working from home
Stay in the know! Subscribe to our newsletter.
More virtual events for kids:
Friday, August 7, 2020