On Saturday, June 28, 2014, you have an extra incentive to take the kids to Fernbank Museum of Natural History–it’s Fins & Flippers Day.
From 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., you can check out bubble demos with The Georgia Bubbleman and Circus Fanta-Sea by That Puppet Guy, explore the Ocean Biofacts table, make a shark craft, go on a fin-tastic scavenger hunt, meet Georgia Aquarium’s mascot Domino, & more.
Fins & Flippers Day is free for members & included with the price of admission.
While you’re there, you can check out the Whales: Giants of the Deep exhibition (on view through August 24), play in NatureQuest, investigate your favorite dinosaurs in the Giants of the Mesozoic exhibition, & more. Plan to head back in the fall to explore the Goose Bumps! The Science of Fear exhibition.
Don’t have a membership? You can save a bit with these deals:
- Through June 30, 2014, you can print & use this coupon to save $4 on a museum admission & IMAX combo ticket.
- If you’re planning to visit multiple attractions in Atlanta, take advantage of the Atlanta CityPASS to save almost 50% on admission to five Atlanta-area attractions. The Georgia Aquarium ticket includes a Deepo Pass with Expedited Entry, Deepo’s 4-D theater, and the Dolphin Tales show (based on availability). The World of Coca-Cola ticket includes admission, the 4-D theatre, and a free keepsake bottle from the museum. Other attractions included are Inside CNN Studio Tour, Fernbank (includes IMAX, too) OR High Museum of Art, and Zoo Atlanta (includes All-Rides Wristband) OR Atlanta History Center. It’s valid for nine days, and if you plan it right, you’ll have two full weekends + the weekdays in between to get to all of the attractions.
- Active military personnel and dependents will receive $4 off Value Pass tickets to Fernbank Museum of Natural History when you present a valid military ID at the ticket counter; limit 6.
- On Tuesdays, seniors with ID (age 62+) will save an extra $1 off the already reduced senior ticket prices, dropping the price to $16 for the museum, $11 for IMAX, & $23 for Value Pass.
- Employees of UBS Financial, Morgan Stanley, Crawford & Co., and Boston Consulting are eligible for discounts with their employee ID.
Fernbank Museum of Natural History is located at 767 Clifton Rd. NE, Atlanta.