Looking for FREE & CHEAP events at Woodruff Park? Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.
About the venue
Woodruff Park is located at 91 Peachtree Street NW, in the Fairlie-Poplar district. It is bordered by Edgewood Avenue, Peachtree Street, Auburn Avenue, and Park Place.
This six-acre park is a natural gathering space for a diverse cross-section of Atlantans and a key starting point for exploring downtown Atlanta and its surrounding neighborhoods. Surrounding buildings include government offices, commerce, and Georgia State University.
Originally known as Central City Park, Woodruff Park was renovated through a generous donation from Robert W. Woodruff, former president of The Coca-Cola Company. Today, the park offers playgrounds, fountains, and a variety of facilities and services.
The park is patrolled daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., through a partnership between the Atlanta Police Department and GSU Police, making it a very safe venue. The Downtown Clean Team helps with park maintenance.
Each year, Woodruff Park hosts a variety of signature festivals, events and performances, including the WoodRUFF Bark Dog Parade and the annual German Bierfest.
Woodruff Park is easily accessible via MARTA bus and rail. Two Atlanta Streetcar stops—Park Place and Woodruff Park—are located in the park. The park is also home to a Relay Bike Share hub.
If you’re using MARTA rail, it couldn’t be easier. The park is located between Five Points Station and Peachtree Center Station.
Five Points Directions
- Take any train to the Five Points MARTA station
- Go to street level and follow signs to the Peachtree Street exit
- Turn left on Peachtree Street and walk about a block
Peachtree Center Directions
- Take a red or gold line train to the Peachtree Center station
- Follow the signs to the Ellis Street at the south end of the train platform
- Exit the fare gates and follow signs to Peachtree Street East
- At street level, turn left on Peachtree Street (toward Residence Inn) to reach the park.
Woodruff Park is easily accessible via MARTA bus and rail, and two Atlanta Streetcar stops—Park Place and Woodruff Park—are located in the park. The park is also home to a Relay Bike Share hub.
- MARTA Rail Stations: Five Points (E-W, N-S lines), Peachtree Center (N-S lines)
- MARTA Bus Routes: #3, #816, #40
- Atlanta Streetcar Stops: Park Place (eastbound), Woodruff Park (westbound)
- Relay Bike Share Hub: Woodruff Park hub
- Bike racks located in Reading Room
The park does not have dedicated parking, but paid parking options, including lots, garages, and on-street parking, are nearby and plentiful. Consult the Atlanta Public Parking Map to explore your options.