[exp] [/exp]From June 9-17, 2018, you can see the Atlanta Opera’s staging of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street at the Cobb Energy Centre.
Not familiar with the work? Per the summary: “In this dark and witty tale, revenge-hungry Sweeney Todd returns to London to settle a few scores. After befriending Mrs. Lovett, the owner of a local pie shop known to have the worst pies in London, Sweeney and the dutiful baker hatch a plan to save the pie shop and exact a bloody revenge. Based on the Victorian short story The String of Pearls, Stephen Sondheim’s musical thriller won the 1979 Tony Award for Best Musical. This Atlanta Opera production at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre remains faithful to the original Broadway show, featuring baritone Michael Mayes in the title role, and Maria Zifchak as Mrs. Lovett.” Sweeney Todd will be sung in English with English supertitles.
Want to see Sweeney Todd on the cheap? While they last, you’ve got a few ways to save:
- For a limited time, you can score discount tickets to Sweeney Todd, thanks to a deal on Goldstar. As of today (June 8), tickets are available for select performances from June 12-16, 2018.
- For a limited time, you can use coupon code “TMN241” to buy one ticket & get one free to the Saturday, June 16, 2018, performance of Sweeney Todd, thanks to an offer on Ticketmaster.
- And for a limited time, you can use coupon code “SWEENEYGS” to save 20% on tickets to select performances of Sweeney Todd on June 12, 15, & 16, 2018.
- With the Student Rush deal, students with ID can purchase two tickets for $25-$35 each. The offer is only available at the box office in the two hours prior to the same day’s show.
- With the Opera’s Night Out deal, young professionals (ages 21-40) can buy a ticket to the Friday, June 15, performance & access to a pre-show cocktail hour with drinks & bites for $40.
The Cobb Energy Centre is located at 2800 Cobb Galleria Parkway, Atlanta.