The Sandy Springs Festival and Pet Parade returns this weekend for two days of fun on September 28th and 29th. The festival takes place in the heart of the city at Heritage Green (6075 Sandy Springs Circle).
Admission to the festival is FREE, but some events within the festival require an advance ticket or fee — these include the Sandy Springs Wine Festival and the Pet Parade.
You can expect art, music, entertainment, activities for kids, the Pet Parade, a Chalk Walk sidewalk art competition, and more.
This is a rain-or-shine, pet-friendly event.
You’ll be able to purchase beer and wine on site with a valid ID, but you cannot bring your own alcohol into the festival grounds. You can purchase a wristband for the Sandy Springs Wine Festival if you are 21+ — just head over to the wine and craft beer tasting area.
Festival hours are:
- Saturday, September 28th from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 29th from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Find that perfect piece for your home! You’ll find artists working in a variety of media including painting, clay, sculpture, jewelry, photography, woodworking, printmaking, and more.
Stroll through these three separate districts, featuring booths that will showcase the best of the Sandy Springs community.
- Business district — visit local organizations to learn more about their services, sample their offerings, and enter to win prizes.
- Cultural district — visit local civic and cultural organizations to learn more about their services. The Cultural District Stage will feature theater and entertainment.
- City district — get an introduction to the Sandy Springs police and firefighters, as well as representatives from the Hospitality & Tourism and Recreation departments. Kids can explore the emergency service vehicles on site.
Visit the Heritage Sandy Springs Museum to learn about local history and see demonstrations by heritage artisans, crafters, and performers.
You can also attend the opening of the newest Heritage Sandy Springs Museum exhibit, called Grit, Gumption & Grace: The Women of Sandy Springs.
Activities for kids
Some of these kid activities are free and others are ticketed.
- bungee jumper
- rock wall
- inflatable games, slides, and the traditional bouncy houses
- giant bubble blowing
- face painting
- sand art
The Food Court includes a variety of options from local vendors and food trucks, from salty to sweet.
You’ll also find specialty treats spread throughout the festival grounds.
Two stages will feature professional deejays and musicians, as well as the Battle of the Bands. The Alliance Theatre will also be on site, performing “Bringing Stories to Life.”
A tradition since 1987, the Pet Parade features pets of all shapes and sizes, sporting creative and crazy costumes. There will be prizes in several categories, including:
- Most Unusual Pet
- Owner/Pet Lookalike
- Best Group Costume
- Best of Show
There is a $5 (tax-deductible) fee to participate in the Pet Parade. Proceeds will benefit Angels Among Us Pet Rescue.
Upgrade your experience! $15o buys you a VIP wristband package. You get two wristbands that can be used in either of two ways:
- one person, two days
- two people, one day
It gives you access to indoor restrooms, upper veranda seating for entertainment, one festival t-shirt, and complimentary snacks/water.
You must purchase in advance — there is no onsite VIP ticketing.
Getting there and parking
Heritage Green is located at 6075 Sandy Springs Circle.
Free parking with shuttle service will be available in these locations:
- Red Lot at Century Springs East/West (6000-6100 Lake Forrest Dr. NW)
- Blue Lot at Lake Forest Elementary School (5920 Sandy Springs Circle)
- Yellow Lot at Northside Tower Parking Deck (6065 Roswell Road).
Note that only the Red Lot shuttle will operate during Saturday evening’s concert, so plan accordingly if you’re heading out for that.
- The closest MARTA stop is the Dunwoody Station, 1.6 miles away.
- Both the #5 Sandy Springs and the #76 Roswell Road bus have stops at the corner of Hilderbrand Drive and Roswell Road, one block east of the Festival entrance.